Unable to locate Fallout 4 on games directory

WroughtIronX
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Good afternoon,

I recently installed Fallout 4. I was originally able to locate the game on Vortex with no issues. It was showing on the drop-down menu in the top-left of the interface, as well as showing in the game directory.

After downloading a single mod (Full Dialogue Interface by Cirosan), Vortex alerted me that I had an update. I went ahead and updated the client, and when I started it once more, Fallout 4 was no longer available in the drop-down menu, nor the directory. I did a scan to search for games, but it did not show up.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I've included screenshots showing both my dashboard and the built-in directory, where it only shows options for me to choose Fallout 3, Fallout 4 VR, and Fallout 76. Screenshots can be found here. I attempted to upload the screenshots via the 'Attach Files' option down below, but 250kb is a ridiculously small amount to allocate and wouldn't allow for even a single image to be uploaded.

I will attempt to re-install Vortex Mod Manager to see if this fixes the issue.

Guest deleted34304850

it's funny, there must be at least a hundred posts in this forum where someone has decided to uninstall/reinstall vortex, and i don't recall a single time that was the correct solution.

Nothing happens when I click the "Show Hidden Games" button.

-

Why did I uninstall and reinstall Vortex? I haven't used Nexus in probably three or four years, and I'm very new to Vortex. I'm not sure how it works, so I figured I'd messed something up and that a reinstall would reset it and allow me to start from scratch. I wouldn't have minded, since Fallout 4 and New Vegas are the only games I've attempted to mod thus far. I deeply apologize for doing something so heinous as to uninstall and reinstall something. I will henceforth cease any "Male Things" in the hopes that I can avoid embarrassing myself, and personally insulting the users of these forums. <3

Anybody got any other ideas? Thank y'all for your responses!

Edited by WroughtIronX

• Solution

Good afternoon,

I recently installed Fallout 4. I was originally able to locate the game on Vortex with no issues. It was showing on the drop-down menu in the top-left of the interface, as well as showing in the game directory.

After downloading a single mod (Full Dialogue Interface by Cirosan), Vortex alerted me that I had an update. I went ahead and updated the client, and when I started it once more, Fallout 4 was no longer available in the drop-down menu, nor the directory. I did a scan to search for games, but it did not show up.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I've included screenshots showing both my dashboard and the built-in directory, where it only shows options for me to choose Fallout 3, Fallout 4 VR, and Fallout 76. Screenshots can be found here. I attempted to upload the screenshots via the 'Attach Files' option down below, but 250kb is a ridiculously small amount to allocate and wouldn't allow for even a single image to be uploaded.

I will attempt to re-install Vortex Mod Manager to see if this fixes the issue.

Go to EXTENSIONS Tab, make sure all of the Extensions are ENABLED