Unable to locate Fallout 4 on games directory

WroughtIronX
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Guest deleted34304850

Nothing happens when I click the "Show Hidden Games" button.

-

Why did I uninstall and reinstall Vortex? I haven't used Nexus in probably three or four years, and I'm very new to Vortex. I'm not sure how it works, so I figured I'd messed something up and that a reinstall would reset it and allow me to start from scratch. I wouldn't have minded, since Fallout 4 and New Vegas are the only games I've attempted to mod thus far. I deeply apologize for doing something so heinous as to uninstall and reinstall something. I will henceforth cease any "Male Things" in the hopes that I can avoid embarrassing myself, and personally insulting the users of these forums. <3

Anybody got any other ideas? Thank y'all for your responses!

i get that, and my opener wasn't meant to be snarky.

here's the thing;

removing/reinstalling vortex never solves your problem. it just doesn't.

in these forums, so many people have done that - we have even had someone go as far as to uninstall vortex, their games, reinstall windows....yeah.

what also happens is - people uninstall vortex and re-install an older version.

that is, bad, bad, bad, bad bad.

what i'd advise you - as you had the capacity to find the support forum and ask for help is that in future, if you're doing *something* with vortex and you get an unexpected outcome or its something you're not clear about do this;

STOP

then open a post on the forums, and I will guarantee you'll get a response in a very short time from some incredibly helpful people who have helped people for years with vortex, and, they are supplemented by the community managers and then, occasionally, the vortex devs themselves will come in and offer a helping hand.

do that. every. single. time.

don't remove/reinstall anything - that will almost certainly prevent diagnostics for your current issue being accurate and may introduce further complications into your set up.

good luck.

Y'all are both good. I probably responded with a bit too much venom.

I've had pretty poor experiences with forums (Not Nexus, just other places in general (Namely the toxic crap-show that is Ubisoft)) in the past, so I wasn't feeling very good about posting here to begin with. Normally, I get insulted for not knowing the answer to my problems, despite finding answers being the reason I go to forums to begin with.

When I got those responses, I got a bit flared up because it was exactly what I'd expected to see and I was worried that I was just wasting my time and wouldn't get any actual advice to begin with.

I appreciate the both of you for not getting salty over my own saltiness, and I apologize for that. It wasn't super mature of me.

Thank you for the advice! I'll certainly keep all of that in mind. Good health to all of you.

Edited by WroughtIronX