Sibbi Blackbriar Release

iamjohnlocked

• 4 months later...

Has anything been done for this? I actually kinda want a mod that does this for immersion-improvement purposes.

This thread brings up an important note about this industry, and the quest to achieve the Star Trek HoloDeck eventually...

I think it was best said by the fantasy author Robert Jordan:

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.”

My point is that if you complete the cycle of the Sibbi BlackBriar quest and game phased sequence of events, and do so like-wise for all of the other quests, eventually you end with a bland, reset, vanilla, static game again.

What is really needed is Cycles, where these type of events/quests periodically re-spawn, with different players in the various roles, but the same basic plot elements replaying.

As long as there are many of them, and the denounment time delays are all set to varied periods, they will inherently begin to play off against each other in a great "weave" of pattern complexity.

You could easily make a list / group of standard human failings / trials plot lines, and set them up with a list of possible role players, and then trigger them randomly.

Immersion endless replayability.

-

Edited by VanKrill

Has anything been done for this? I actually kinda want a mod that does this for immersion-improvement purposes.

This thread brings up an important note about this industry, and the quest to achieve the Star Trek HoloDeck eventually...

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.”

My point is that if you complete the cycle of the Sibbi BlackBriar quest and game phased sequence of events, and do so like-wise for all of the other quests, eventually you end with a bland, reset, vanilla, static game again.

What is really needed is Cycles, where these type of events/quests periodically re-spawn, with different players in the various roles, but the same basic plot elements replaying.

As long as there are many of them, and the denounment time delays are all set to varied periods, they will inherently begin to play off against each other in a great "weave" of pattern complexity.

You could easily make a list / group of standard human failings / trials plot lines, and set them up with a list of possible role players, and then trigger them randomly.

-

I honestly don't have any idea what all of that has to do with this.

It really just doesn't make sense that after six months or so in-game time would pass, and Sibbi would still be in jail, complaining that he has six months or so left to serve in jail. To avoid confliction with the Promises to Keep quest and others related to Sibbi, a condition could be put that those quests must be completed before Sibbi will be released.

-

I honestly don't have any idea what all of that has to do with this.

It really just doesn't make sense that after six months or so in-game time would pass, and Sibbi would still be in jail, complaining that he has six months or so left to serve in jail. To avoid confliction with the Promises to Keep quest and others related to Sibbi, a condition could be put that those quests must be completed before Sibbi will be released.

That's what I meant when I requested this. I mean, I feel like the Black-Briar family isn't given enough attention. Especially Sibbi.

It would be nice if someone could make this, as this doesn't seem very hard to do for someone who knows scripting very well. At the same time though, I want to learn how to script so I can do this myself. Papyrus seems really over my head, but hey, if I can learn how to do this, I'll be the one to make this mod. We'll see what happens.

• 1 year later...

So has anyone actually ever made a mod for this yet? my female character needs to marry into a dysfunctional-abusive but incredibly wealthy family. for immersion purposes.

The most I've been able to do is get him to follow me outside by console commands, but he always ends up going back to his cage after a while.