Avoid accidentally selling items.

ZorroGriss

Hello good.
I would like to know if there is any mod or some way to do that when selling / buying objects in a store they ASK US FOR CONFIRMATION before selling it. You know, the typical question of "are you sure you want to sell this object?", And thus avoid accidentally selling an object that we did not want to sell. Or at least if there was a way to undo a sale made (ctrl + z style in windows)
It is rare that the system is like this ...
On the other hand, if you recommend any type of mods that change the interface, menus, etc. I could use it very well, since the menu system that comes next seems quite uncomfortable.
P.D: I'm fairly new to the game even though I wanted to play it for years.
THANK YOU !

The mods I was going to recommend don't seem to be available for Skyrim, only for special edition. (I assume you're on what we call "oldrim," due to the posting location.)

The best suggestion I could make, until you're able to find a mod that works for you, is to get in the habit of keeping one storage container empty. Use that like a locker, to put your worn armor and equipment into it, before going off to sell other stuff. You can keep "sales gear" like a necklace of haggling and barter potions. In doing this, you can't sell things you didn't want sold, because you left them in the container.

This is best done in a home near where you plan to primarily sell, for example Breezehome in Whiterun, where you can reasonably run back and forth without worrying about being attacked by 32 bandits, 3 bears, and a wispmother, at once.

*Edit: In case you do happen to be playing special edition, the mods I was planning to suggest were Favorite Misc Items and Essential Favorites, both by PowerOfThree. One allows you to favorite anything in your inventory, including books and soul gems, and the other makes it so favorited items don't even appear in the sales or smelting menus.

Edited by thumbincubation

The mods I was going to recommend don't seem to be available for Skyrim, only for special edition. (I assume you're on what we call "oldrim," due to the posting location.)

The best suggestion I could make, until you're able to find a mod that works for you, is to get in the habit of keeping one storage container empty. Use that like a locker, to put your worn armor and equipment into it, before going off to sell other stuff. You can keep "sales gear" like a necklace of haggling and barter potions. In doing this, you can't sell things you didn't want sold, because you left them in the container.

This is best done in a home near where you plan to primarily sell, for example Breezehome in Whiterun, where you can reasonably run back and forth without worrying about being attacked by 32 bandits, 3 bears, and a wispmother, at once.

*Edit: In case you do happen to be playing special edition, the mods I was planning to suggest were Favorite Misc Items and Essential Favorites, both by PowerOfThree. One allows you to favorite anything in your inventory, including books and soul gems, and the other makes it so favorited items don't even appear in the sales or smelting menus.

Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
First say that you made me laugh about the bandits, bears and angry mothers LOL.
I appreciate your good incion with suggesting to me what to put in favorites but it would be very laborious and it damages the game experience, in addition to that it would solve the problem only when selling but not when buying. In other words, you could still accidentally touch the buy key.
It really strikes me that Bethesta did this like this. I understand that it will be to gain agility in the interaction but it seems very risky.
P.D: What is OLRIM? if it means the normal version of SKYRIM (the eu is not SE or LE, then yes, that is the one I use :)
P.S. 2: I'll still use your advice until I find another solution (if I ever find it).
P.S. 3: I don't know if you have noticed but English is not my language so sorry if I misspelled some things LOL.

Hi Zorro,

I'm glad to have given you a smile for the day. I did mean the normal version of Skyrim, sometimes referred to as LE. We sometimes call them "oldrim" and "newrim," but the main thing is that it's not Special Edition you're playing, in order to be sure I was searching the right mods page for solutions. Also, no worries about the language. As long as we're able to get you pointed in the right direction, all is well.

With buying, I have occasionally made the mistake as well, but I find that I am a little more deliberate in buying than I have been in selling, where I just want to dump everything as quickly as I can.

Here are a couple of things from the normal Skyrim page that may be helpful for selling, though I don't see anything to enable better buying control.

The first is relatively new (September 21) and the other is from 2015, but I have never used either of them so I can't speak to their performance. As always, make a full save before you try something new and be prepared to revert to that particular save or earlier, if you should need to remove the mod. Hope this helps.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/108769

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71634

Hi Zorro,

I'm glad to have given you a smile for the day. I did mean the normal version of Skyrim, sometimes referred to as LE. We sometimes call them "oldrim" and "newrim," but the main thing is that it's not Special Edition you're playing, in order to be sure I was searching the right mods page for solutions. Also, no worries about the language. As long as we're able to get you pointed in the right direction, all is well.

With buying, I have occasionally made the mistake as well, but I find that I am a little more deliberate in buying than I have been in selling, where I just want to dump everything as quickly as I can.

Here are a couple of things from the normal Skyrim page that may be helpful for selling, though I don't see anything to enable better buying control.

The first is relatively new (September 21) and the other is from 2015, but I have never used either of them so I can't speak to their performance. As always, make a full save before you try something new and be prepared to revert to that particular save or earlier, if you should need to remove the mod. Hope this helps.

Hi Zorro,

Hello again mate.
Now you have made this issue of the versions clearer (LE, ED, Oldrim, etc) and I thank you because I was quite involved with that issue too xD.
You are right that it is more likely to make a mistake when selling than when buying since one has a lot of things to get rid of and usually (in my case at least haha) little money to buy things LOL. What I was thinking is that maybe it happens to me more because I have the SELL key configured on the "E" key which, obviously, is next to the W which is the one we use to move in the buy / sell menu ... and here comes the accident ... ha.
Unfortunately (for me) I am not going to reassign it in another key because I just put it there so that everything is more agile.
If you find something you let me know and I am grateful, but if not there is no problem either, I am still very careful about saving before every important thing.
Later I will try the mods you recommended and then I will comment.
P.D: Any recommendation that you want to give to this newbie will be welcome hehe. Be it mods, recommended places, something that I should not do in the game, whatever ... less console tricks type codes to get things, since I do not like to take advantage like this ... I want to enjoy the adventure :).
Just in case I leave you the list of mods that I have installed:
SKSE
SkyUI
BethIni StandAlone
Guard Dialogue Overhaul
AmazingFollowerTweaks (disabled)