Two questions regarding a simple fetch quest

DarkSpyda04

Follows this tutorial and all works.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Dialogue_Tutorial

I have the character NPC that I bring 5 crab meats to and quest completes BUT I been rotting my brain trying to figure out how to update the quest when the player acquires five crab meats. I acquire 5 crab meats and no update. I can bring meats to NPC and complete quest but no update when I first collect 5 meats despite my best efforts. Should be simple because it happens in many other fetch quests but I can't figure out the riddle.

Second, I'm having a problem with the result script that I don't want. I delete the result script SetStage zQuest01DialogueTest 20 from Quest Stages and when I click on the stage the next time I still see SetStage zQuest01DialogueTest 20. How do I remove this script?

Follows this tutorial and all works.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Dialogue_Tutorial

I have the character NPC that I bring 5 crab meats to and quest completes BUT I been rotting my brain trying to figure out how to update the quest when the player acquires five crab meats. I acquire 5 crab meats and no update. I can bring meats to NPC and complete quest but no update when I first collect 5 meats despite my best efforts. Should be simple because it happens in many other fetch quests but I can't figure out the riddle.

Use something like:

If ( GetStage MyQuest < XX ) && ( Player.GetItemCount crabmeat >=5 )
    Do Stuff
EndIf

Second, I'm having a problem with the result script that I don't want. I delete the result script SetStage zQuest01DialogueTest 20 from Quest Stages and when I click on the stage the next time I still see SetStage zQuest01DialogueTest 20. How do I remove this script?

Did you press the 'Compile' button when you removed the result script?

1. Which window do I do this in? The "Topics" window? How do I do this? Do I write out the script in the result script box or do I do it by setting the conditions? If in the Topics window, do I have to do it under a new topic or can I use an existing one? Can I use any topic or does it have to be a specific one?

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac172/DarkSpydaIV/Untitled-1_zpsb72e4fd6.jpg

I have it set up like this and it never goes to stage 40.

2. About a thousand times, yes I did hit the compile button and nothing changes. I still see the same ol' script I just deleted. It saves when I change the script but god forbid I can remove it. The only alternative seems to be creating a new line.

Edited by DarkSpyda04

1. Which window do I do this in? The "Topics" window? How do I do this? Do I write out the script in the result script box or do I do it by setting the conditions? If in the Topics window, do I have to do it under a new topic or can I use an existing one? Can I use any topic or does it have to be a specific one?

In your quest script.

2. About a thousand times, yes I did hit the compile button and nothing changes. I still see the same ol' script I just deleted. It saves when I change the script but god forbid I can remove it. The only alternative seems to be creating a new line.

Replace the original with a semi-colon and compile.

1. Uh... what? In the "Quest" window on the "Topics" tab, select my Quest topic, create a new "info" and paste the code in the "result script" box? You speak in riddles. You need to be more specific or your response doesn't help me. I posted an image of things I tried to do. Can you look at it at tell me what I did wrong? What do I do instead of that?

2. Whatever. I can just delete the result script line and compile with a space or by creating a new line.

Edited by DarkSpyda04

1. Uh... what? In the "Quest" window on the "Topics" tab, select my Quest topic, create a new "info" and paste the code in the "result script" box? You speak in riddles. You need to be more specific or your response doesn't help me. I posted an image of things I tried to do. Can you look at it at tell me what I did wrong? What do I do instead of that?

2. Whatever. I can just delete the result script line and compile with a space or by creating a new line.

You accuse me of speaking in riddles? Now take a look at your original post, and try to see it from the perspective of somebody who has no idea of what it is you have done, or are trying to do. You need a quest if you hope to update the number of crab meats you pick up on the fly. It is the only way: only quest scripts run all of the time. If you don't know about quests and scripts, that is beyond the scope of your question, and you need to learn how.