Possible Solution For Anyone Getting The Nemesis "Failed To Generate Behavior" Problem

G00dNightOwl

I just want to point out that I am not a program savvy person at all. I'm just some guy who spent two hours messing around trying to find solutions, and finally found one that works for me. This is for the Google archives should anyone search for this.

If you're like me and Nemesis kept failing to generate behaviors, or find a path (sometimes for files that exist), it is possible caused by Real-Time Protection in windows. I've heard turning it off, using Nemesis, then turning it back on will fix the problem but for me this was not the case. If Real-Time Protection is turned back on AT ALL, it ruins things. Unfortunately, Real-Time Protection turns itself back on, and it is an important security feature.

My solution:

Windows Search "Settings" > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Manage Settings (under Virus & Threat Protection Settings) > Exclusions > Add Or Remove Exclusions > Add An Exclusion (select folder)

From here, I just made an exclusion for the folder containing all Mo2 contents (downloads, mods, profiles, etc),. I also went to the Nemesis EXE file and went to properties, and made sure all users have full permissions. This should work even with RTP enabled, unless the exception (that I highlighted in yellow) I later mention occurs.

For some of you that might be in %AppData% > Local, in which case You can try to use the "Search" function to find AppData after clicking "Add Exclusion". In my case, I have everything on my D Drive not the C drive where all my important programs are, hence the following:

Also make sure you go to your nemesis Ini and set the correct path. Fair warning though, I've come to realize that Nemesis has a bit of a hiccup of a bug where it will try to access it's base file locations. It seems random, although, for me it happens when disabling, or enabling a mod. and I have no idea how to fix that. It fixes itself when I mess around with stuff (Sort LOOT order, close Mo2, re-open it, disable Real-Time Protections for a moment, etc).

Hopefully this helped someone, and Nemesis doesn't break itself, or something else in Windows 10 snipes it again lol.

One more thing: Do not blame me if you get a virus by making this exclusion. It is your responsibility to avoid shady downloads.

Edited by G00dNightOwl