Generating precombine/vis data which method is correct ?

greekrage

After several trials and errors im still reluctant as to which method to use..

I first started just by generating precombines for loaded area (i was a total newbie :P )

Then after seeing some tutorial did

a) precombines for current cell one by one

b) precombined visibility for all loaded cells

Now im at doing

a) precombines for current cell one by one

b) precombined visibility for all loaded cells

c)visibility for all loaded cells

Which is correct and in what order (i know precombines are first..)

Please answer this its vital because anyone that knows me knows that i rip up a location like there is no tomorrow :P

Good question, I wanna know how to proceed too.

Your first approach only works for interior cells for me, for exterior cells it didn't work

If youre running a previs repair mod any method you use wont work...

Your first approach only works for interior cells for me, for exterior cells it didn't work

Even Boston FPS Fix?

You see, first I execute a

World > Precombine Geometry for Current Cell

in the cell I want to regenerate.

Next, I execute a

Visibility > Generate Visibility for All Loaded Cells

and

Visibility > Generate Precombine Visibility for All Loaded Cells,

respectively.

I have uninstalled it, and my custom previs correction esps, located in the bottom of my load order, didn't fix the exterior cells I want to. I have another mod that fixes some interior cells.

Should i uninstall both?

Thanks!

Edited by ShanxTadeu2

Even Boston FPS Fix?

You see, first I execute a

World > Precombine Geometry for Current Cell

in the cell I want to regenerate.

Next, I execute a

Visibility > Generate Visibility for All Loaded Cells

and

Visibility > Generate Precombine Visibility for All Loaded Cells,

respectively.

I have uninstalled it, and my custom previs correction esps, located in the bottom of my load order, didn't fix the exterior cells I want to. I have another mod that fixes some interior cells.

Should i uninstall both?

Thanks!

Any mod that has generated data for the SAME cells will conflict....

Thanks for your reply.

kk, but I always thought that a mod with a higher load index overwrites any information modified by another nod with a lower load index

I guess not...

EDIT: Uninstalling Boston FPS fix didn't solve it, and, besides that, the only one who edits the cells I have a problem with is Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch, which I shouldn't uninstall.

I really don't have a clue why isn't working

Edited by ShanxTadeu2

Thanks for your reply.

kk, but I always thought that a mod with a higher load index overwrites any information modified by another nod with a lower load index

I guess not...

EDIT: Uninstalling Boston FPS fix didn't solve it, and, besides that, the only one who edits the cells I have a problem with is Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch, which I shouldn't uninstall.

Mods that load last overwrite other conflicting mods yes.... But not when a mod edits game files globally . Imagine that i tried various load orders with the previs repair pack vs one of my mods and it still wrecked my location...Until i finally uninstalled it completely ( not just disabled...i mean totally deleted) for my mod to work again.

Thanks for your reply.

I guess not...

Mods that load last overwrite other conflicting mods yes.... But not when a mod edits game files globally . Imagine that i tried various load orders with the previs repair pack vs one of my mods and it still wrecked my location...Until i finally uninstalled it completely ( not just disabled...i mean totally deleted) for my mod to work again.

Thanks for your reply!

Well, I guess I have to remove all mods than, and test the game only with the mod that modifies the problematic exterior cells.

Or buy a fricking high end machine with a gtx 3090 and an insane cpu and mark the exterior cells with the no previs flag in the FO4Edit. Damn...

Edited by ShanxTadeu2

Thanks for your reply.

I guess not...

Thanks for your reply!

Well, I guess I have to remove all mods than, and test the game only with the mod that modifies the problematic exterior cells.

Or buy a fricking high end machine with a gtx 3090 and an insane cpu and mark the exterior cells with the no previs flag in the FO4Edit. Damn...

In search for a solution for a friend of mine that for a very strange reason cannot run one of my latest mods ( the overwatch) because the whole location is reset and everything gone aside from workshop items/objects (as if my mod was completely overwritten except for workshop objects). I mean the whole thing i not there nor is collision for the missing buildings etc... At first i assumed it was a precombine issue so i redid everything..No luck there. Then i started trying different methods of generating hence this post. What i did notice is that in his load order the only thing i wasnt sure of that he had was the unofficial patch. Now you mentioned that it edits cells. What exactly does it edit ? ( my mod is behind the corvega plant in lexington). Note i dont have the patch installed hence i mod with a vanilla game and DLC's.