• This topic is locked This topic is locked
833 replies to this topic

ViktoriaLanders

ViktoriaLanders

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

But there is no need to panic: from what we know and expect, this is only going to be temporary disruption to the modding scene

Totally false.

Many, if not the majority of SKSE-based mods hosted on Nexus are written by authors who are gone. The majority of those mods have their permissions closed so they can't be updated either.

People should also know that Bethesda could have easily avoided this 'mod apocalypse' with a small tweak on their update but they don't care.

Edited by ViktoriaLanders, 28 October 2021 - 09:11 AM.

Nostalgic

Nostalgic

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 282 posts
This is a bit misleading, as not only does SKSE have to re-adapt itself to AE, but many of the previous plugins will have to be potentially re-written due to the new architecture of the executable itself.

So it's not just a normal, everyday Creation Club content update. The compiler used to update the exe has been completely updated, which results in strings of code and functions potentially being either entirely different or non existent.

Oblivionplayer437

Oblivionplayer437

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
Thanks for this concise write-up. Everyone can face the coming event open-eyed and knowing how they personally want to respond. Still there will be a million negligent cry babies blaming others for their misfortune...

FlufyFox

FlufyFox

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
moral of the history dont update to this s*** or you will be really fk up xD i just started working on animations for the game now :v

Thegamingbendu

Thegamingbendu

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Iím honestly just gonna uninstall the game then reinstall when everything is up to date maybe work on my fallout 4 load order†

Jaxon617676

Jaxon617676

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I couldn't care less about creation club content, Bethesda needs to bring engine improvements to the game such as increasing the max number of light sources. Who cares about some stupid creation club content? Fix the game Bethesda, lol.†

Edited by Jaxon617676, 28 October 2021 - 09:34 AM.

sixfourmike

sixfourmike

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
In response to post #101038413.

Spoiler

If they had a better way of updating the game to include new CC that didn't break the mods that the engine and franchise are famous for, it would be no issue. Maybe that would have been a good use of their time and would have received a much better response from the community that has kept the game not only alive, but thriving for a decade. AE would have been akin to previous GOTY editions that include all DLC expansions, and that would have been no harm to anyone (except people balancing their overhauls).

There's a few things I want to try from the existing CC content, but it's not worth breaking mod lists we all have for and that's non-negotiable for so many on PC, especially given recent advancements that are in no way worth losing. I'm thinking of updating then downgrading, grabbing the ESLs I want for my existing game until compatibility is sorted.

Jaxon617676

Jaxon617676

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
In response to post #101038348.

Spoiler

I agree whole heartedly, their priorities are not in order. I couldn't care less about creation club stuff, fix the freaking game, lol.

GCrow

GCrow

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts
Noooooooo! Apocalypse, my game, my custom, my chars, my world, my immersion, my laughs, my fun, noooooooo!!!
The best would be if they just sell the mod pack in steam via optional DLC.
Not only SKSE, but all DLL mods needs to update. Just update your game after all your mods that have a DLL update too.

Edited by GCrow, 28 October 2021 - 09:53 AM.

IllusiveMan196

IllusiveMan196

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Why not release it as a separate game and make it available for free for owners of Skyrim SE? Kind of like Superhot team did it with Superhot Mind Control Delete.
As for backing up... well I did it already, now time to back up "fresh "folder version" which I can't really do with Fallout 3 for example as it was updated (remove Games for Windows Live, used new compiler - FOSE is broken) already on Steam...

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.042 seconds