Change casting speed

GoldGary

Hi, lately i've been replaying DAO again with this custom spell mod "Armageddon" (https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/611) i found on nexus. Fun mod, except every spells in the mod are cast instantly and bothering me.

I want to add different cast time for each spells for immersion, can anyone teach me what i need to change to the mod so i can increase their casting time around 3-7 seconds?

THANKS! WORKED LIKE A CHARM! :D

Can you help with one more thing? The casting animation from that custom spell mod is weird, my mage screaming when casting it like a warrior's war cry animation. What must i change to make it like normal mage casting animation? There are 2 mage casting animations right? One is where the mage pointed staff frontward like shooting projectile, Two is where the mage pointed staff upward above head.

You'll find base game animations in either anim_base.gda or anim_combat. Awakening animations should be in anim_gxa.gda.

To change the casting anims for one spell, open the abi GDA for the spell (in your case, the GDA from the mod you are editing). There are two fields associated with the casting animation, 'conjuranim' and 'castanim'. Change the numerical values in those fields to the IDs found in anim_base/anim_combat for the desired animations.

DAO base game GDA files are in the 2da.erf archive, located in [game install location]\Dragon Age\packages\core\data, and can be extracted with pyGFF.

And if you have the toolset installed, the anim_base/anim_combat XLS spreadsheets in the 'source' folder also contain the IDs.

Edited by theskymoves