Papyrus ini settings are invalid?

AwfulArchdemon

I had the same problem, error 4 with correct .ini file settings.

And I have found the solution for me. It's cause i had deleted the .BSA (after to have copied the files into my data folder) and the error happenned. So i removed my data folder, copied the one from a Vanilla Skyrim (all the files into the BSA), installed SkyUi (without touching at the files) and it worked for me. I hope i helped you, sorry if not, it worked for me :p

(and sorry for my bad english)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem, error 4 with correct .ini file settings.

And I have found the solution for me. It's cause i had deleted the .BSA (after to have copied the files into my data folder) and the error happenned. So i removed my data folder, copied the one from a Vanilla Skyrim (all the files into the BSA), installed SkyUi (without touching at the files) and it worked for me. I hope i helped you, sorry if not, it worked for me :tongue:

(and sorry for my bad english)

My Syrim is default too. All new data. Still have the error. I reinstalled Skyrim recently. All I'm trying to use is SKSE, FNIS, and SkyUI, so no major changes were made to my data files after reinstalling a vanilla Skyrim.

It's not Skyrim that's the problem. It's SkyUI.

... which relies on SKSE for the functions used to query the INI settings...

When I recently reinstalled Skyrim, I also (obviously) reinstalled SKSE. Unless of course there's been an update within the last 3 days.

Please post the results of the console commands like CraftSentinel requested earlier. Also post your Papyrus log. Tx.

Edit: also start a new game and see if that fixes the problem. Your save could be corrupted.

Edit2:

if (Utility.GetINIInt("iMinMemoryPageSize:Papyrus") <= 0 || Utility.GetINIInt("iMaxMemoryPageSize:Papyrus") <= 0 || Utility.GetINIInt("iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes:Papyrus") <= 0)
		Error(ERR_INI_PAPYRUS, "Your Papyrus INI settings are invalid. Please fix this, otherwise SkyUI will stop working at some point.")
		return
	endIf
^^ The SkyUI code is perfectly sound btw. Edited by steve40

Nexus uploader's a joke. Can't even post a jpeg attachment (file too big). So, I'll just type it.

INISetting iMinMemoryPageSize:Papyrus >> 128

INISetting iMaxMemoryPageSize:Papyrus >> 512

INISetting iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes >> NOT FOUND (figures)

Here's my skyrim.ini:

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800 http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo154/Nickk_/bth_left.jpg

Okay, so maybe the arrow's not actually in my ini, but I'm just "pointing it out". As you can see, SkyUI (or Papyrus itself) is ignoring this particular line. I really wish it wouldn't do that anymore.

Edited by AwfulArchdemon

INISetting iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes >> NOT FOUND (figures)

That should be iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes:Papyrus

Manually extract SkyUI.ini from the attached archive into your Skyrim DATA folder and see if it solves the problem.

EDIT: btw, are there any INI files from other mods in your main DATA folder at all? If so, they could be the cause of your problem.

Edited by steve40

Well, it gives my MemoryBytes number (76800), but the error remains. I don't know how much longer I can take this. I've tried over and over to fix this every day for 2 weeks. I reinstalled everything Skyrim related many, many times (that includes the game). I tried every wiki suggestion on the web, and I'm not really getting a response on SkyUI's main thread. I'm not even using mods! SkyUI needs an update!

Ok, well this script will definitely fix your problem. Extract "ski_main.pex" from the attached archive and place it in your DATA/SCRIPTS folder. It will bypass the ini check.

"Definately" is a very big word, my friend.

I'm in the middle of backing up my comp (copied my C:), so I'll have to wait until it's done before I'll feel safe about messing with any files. btw, is it safe to make changes to your comp during a back-up? More specifically, would anything go wrong if I added your .pex, fired up MO, and ran Skyrim through SKSE during my back-up? I'm scared... :ninja:

I don't know if I can wait 2 more hours to do anything though. :ermm: Don't know if I have it in me. I was born with a medical condition...I was born without patience. My diagnosis makes this whole process quite gruelling indeed. :blush:

Thank you for taking the time to help me out, steve40. I just can't play without SkyUI anymore. Also, I have (inactive and uninstalled for now) mods that depend on it. If I can't play Skyrim, then I'm certainly not going to be working on my mods anytime soon, which sucks, because there are people looking forward to them. (sigh...) I miss Skyrim (and Sims 3).

I see you're helping with at least 3 other problems right now. Thank you for being helpful. I try to help as much as I can too, but I've just been troubleshooting SkyUI and my Sims 3 launcher (won't work) issues day in and day out, so it's all about me for now. Sucks.