Bannerlord & Vortex, is it utterly useless?

jandvorak

I have installed fresh M&B Bannerlord (1.6.3) and for the first time Vortex as nexusmods claimed it's the successor to nmm. I have quite experience with Bannerlord mods using manual install and have been using them extensively in the past. So I though I would give a mod manager a shot.

Installed few (4-5) proven mods by nexusmods click link intergration with Vortex client, "enabled" them and thought now I will launch the game from Vortex.

* mods are not listed in Load order tab

* launch button of the managed game (top left corner) does nothing when clicked

* "Deploy Mods" button does nothing as well; same story as with launch - it provides no feedback about process going on and neither success nor failure result.

* as far as I can tell the mods are in stage directory as Vortex calls it and never made it to actual location when they need to be.

The experience is frustrating and Vortex as mod manager seems to be useless. Well, at least with Bannerlord; I have not yet tried it on different game. I have also created bug report trough Vortex client.

Does anyone have similar experience or knows how to fix it?

Edited by jandvorak

Where is Bannerlord Installed, and did you put your Mod Staging Folder on the same drive as your game?

D:\Games\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord.

I did not change anything in the settings, so I did not "put my Staging Folder" anywhere. I don't know what it has chosen for the default. Basically I was following this guide Modding Bannerlord with Vortex - Nexus Mods Wiki and it did not mention anything about the need to put Staging Folder at some specific place.

I have uninstalled Vortex already and went back to manual installation of the mods.

Where is Bannerlord Installed, and did you put your Mod Staging Folder on the same drive as your game?

D:\Games\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord.

I did not change anything in the settings, so I did not "put my Staging Folder" anywhere. I don't know what it has chosen for the default. Basically I was following this guide Modding Bannerlord with Vortex - Nexus Mods Wiki and it did not mention anything about the need to put Staging Folder at some specific place.

I have uninstalled Vortex already and went back to manual installation of the mods.

The reason I posted that screenshot was so you could navigate to the screen and tell me where you Mod Staging Folder was.

But, never mind now, you've uninstalled Vortex.