Smithing Skills overhaul... learning from Masters

Sacreficium

Hey i do not like it that i never ever saw a Dremora in armor or anything daedric but i only have to pick the perk and #swoosh - matrix brain programming# i can fly a helicopter. i mean what the f*ck? So i thougt it would be great if even when you choose the perk, you still need someone who teaches you their smithing techniques per quest. and even then, the armor i craft does not necceserily look exactly the way the original does. Real horns (goat), steel parts, fur, etc. because i am a nord for god's sake. :smile: i hope you get what i mean and forgive me my english that is not the yellow from the egg (german expression ;])

edit: this would include new npcs, to teach you their secrets, and quests, and why not for every smithing perk? i would enjoy this :smile:

edit²: New Npcs for every armor type:

Steel: every normal smith

Dwarven: Maybe new Smith in an new ruin who spent his life to learn the art of dwemer smithing?

Elven: retired thalmor smith?

Advanced: every smith in the big towns

arcane: Magesmith in the college of winterhold?

orcish: Every smith in the orcish camps

Glass: dunmer smith from morrowind?

Ebony: Eorlund

Daedric: Dremora who lives in skyrim now?

Dragon: i have no idea... Maybe even Paarthunax?

and for daedric (only affecting player not dremora) a new mesh and textures?

and the teaching like the bow training with angi :smile:

Or other ways... im open for anything :smile:

And of course compatible with Crafting Complete Overhaul

And the Faction armors should also only be awayable if the factions smith tought you...

Things needed: Voice actors, New quests, maybe in the Long run, New meshes and textures

Please leave at least your opinion on the idea :sad:

I love the idea of this mod, i was actually thinking about something similar a few weeks ago.

I've been working on a mod dealing with quests, so ill take a look tonight to see if it's in my skill range. Maybe just change the perks to give bonuses in that type of armor and make the quests available from the new npcs at a certain smithing level ? I'm only able to do the quests, npcs and scripting lol I don't do textures, meshes and the like so if you can find someone to make those ill add it in.

Edited by Psychotogen

Nag my intention was that by taking the perk you receive the quests... like i took the dwarven smithing perk and a quest shows up like, dunno maybe like... As you are getting better and better with steel, you wonder if there might be anyone who could teach you the secrets of smithing like the dwemer did.

or something like that because if you receive the quest before taking the perk one could do all the quests and be able to smith dragon even before the first encounter in whiterun.

I think the quests needed a script to start only when the perk is achieved and the perk would have to be altered to only be quest giving and by finishing the quest a silent perk (the old and real perk ) would be achieved.