None of the body mods seem to work right

TenShadows

I've attempted Fantasy Figures, Exnem's original, and Robert's of both genders. Putting the files to their right folders, and activating any mods that come with them, never works: all I get is the standard vanilla underwear version.

Now, creating an OMOD does work fine, and I've used it to put up Robert's Male Bodies and Exnem's original for females (I used Fantasy Figures at first until I noticed that it was doing pretty bad for some races and genders), and played happily for a while until I found some additional mods that I would've liked to add in: there's the bouncy breast option that seems kind of complicated I'm looking into, as well as the simpler looking Fox's Argonian Textures for Exnems.

Unfortunately, the above problem persists. The textures look for the Exnem body files, but for some reason only find the originals and try to use them - which only ends up a mighty unappealing mess. Turning them into another OMOD does not work either.

It's like Oblivion had another place it was pulling its body textures from, that overrides everything I try to put in the "normal" folders, and requires something as heavy as an OMOD to get around - and even then it only works sometimes. Any way to fix this kind of an issue?

1. Make sure you are using 'Archive Invalidation'.

2. Make sure you are using BOSS to sort your load order.

3. Make sure you are using Wrye Bash to create a Bashed Patch to bring everything together in the proper manner.

1. I have Archive Invalidation Invalidated!, for some reason - I don't remember ever downloading it - but for the life of me I can't figure out how I'm supposed to use it. Edit: For that matter, I wouldn't know how to use regular archive invalidation either. Up until you mentioned it, I didn't even know it was a thing.

2. I don't think this applies if they din't have any actual mod files, just textures and stuff?

3. How does this work on just textures, as stated in 2.?

Edited by TenShadows

1. If you installed it correctly, it will have placed a dummy bsa file in your data folder, and it will have altered your oblivion.ini under the [Archive] section like so:

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

2. Irrelevant. If you have mods, they should be sorted correctly. The last mod loaded wins all. This is VERY important.

3. Because textures are loaded both from archives and from textures in the 'textures' folder, and can be referenced from vanilla or from mod plugins. If they are getting overridden, you will not see them in-game. That is the purpose of using Archive Invalidation -- read the readme.

What [Archive]? What readme?

You'll need to dumb this down a little bit.

In Windows Explorer go to \Documents\My Games\Oblivion\ and open up Oblivion.ini in notepad. Scroll down until you get to the [Archive] section. It should be altered by having the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa entry right after the '=' sign. If it is not, copy/paste what I posted earlier -- overwrite your 'SArchiveList=' with mine.

The readme that comes with ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated.