Can't Report to Ulfric after Whiterun, Please Help.

kaikasu

I just had this same problem. I tried a lot of what other people posted. What finally worked though was getting arrested by one of the stormcloaks in whiterun, I let him put me in jail, and when i got out the area had reloaded, everything was back and I could turn in the quest to Ulfric.

Thank you so much this did it for me!! Had the exact same problem, no whiterun markers and Ulfric wouldn't do anything but after spending time in Whiterun Jail, boom it worked.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

After a couple of redos: I skipped going to Ulfric as long as the Whiterun Icon was missing. I went to Solstheim and reported to Ralis for phase 2 of Kilbjorn Barrow ruins, cleared the draugr, funded the next phase, traveled back. The whiterun icon was there so i reported to Ulfric and liberation of skyrim continues. Apparently anything that resets whiterun map and brings back its icon will work. Like completing and turning in quests.(Edit: don't know for sure) If something else has worked for anyone keep us posted. I know how frustrating it is to play a questline and dead end it. Blah!

Edited by johndhampton

• 2 years later...

I had the problem with Skyrim SE in 2021. This solution worked for me:

I also ran into this problem. When I opened the map to fast-travel back to Whiterun, I noticed that the city's icons were missing, but the Stormcloak war camp was still there, so I traveled there instead. That caused the Whiterun icons to reappear, and Jarl Ulfric to give the proper dialogue next time I spoke to him.

However, after I travelled to the Stormcloak camp, I had to walk to Whiterun and enter the city for the bug to be fixed. Once I entered the city, the situation seemed to be back to normal (people in the streets, icons on the map) and Ulfric could be reported to.

Note: I have the unofficial patch mod; not sure it makes a difference.

• 8 months later...

Hi, this post might be dead but i hope this will help whoever find this. I've had the same issue and couldn't report. (With the combat music not stopping) I suggest you trying to go in Dragonsreach and stay afk for a while until music stop, then go OUTSIDE Windhelm (try the stables) then walk inside Windhelm and go sperak to Ulfric. I hope this help, please keep me informed if this works for you or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Literally none of these things worked for me! I was so frustrated, I tried everything people suggested and nothing worked for me. The last thing I tried to do was to get arrested in whiterun. I kept shield bashing the stormcloak soliders and they all just took it until my follower got involved and started attacking them and then a war of every stormcloak solider came and decided to fight me. I tried to just put my weapons up and stop it to get sent to jail but that didnt work, so i just let them kill me so i can just try something different in the reload. After my game reloaded to my previous auto-save of entering whiterun, suddenly white run was back on the map!! So if none of these things help you guys, trying getting killed inside of whiterun, it might work out for you! I hope this helps some of you who struggled with this annoying bug

• 2 years later...

I've had this bug a few times and for me what always worked was using a carriage from anywhere else back to Whiterun.  As soon as the carriage arrives, you will hear the discovery sound, see that beautiful Stables icon (and the others) and your ears will finally be filled with the sweet bliss of silence as the combat music fades.