Mod request: Relaxed Experience

rafaelgrecco

Hi! Looks like this is the first thread on the Darkest Dungeon II forum!

As a 40-year-old gamer with a house to look after (work, wife and kids), I have very little time to play (as you'd expect). I would like a mod to make Darkest Dungeon II more accessible (easier).

I played a few runs and realized a few things that would make the game more fun for people who want a more relaxed experience.

Here are some suggestions:

- Unlock everything (heroes, abilities, items, etc) from the start. I don't have time (nor patience) to grind and unlock everything. I would like to have a full gaming experience right from the start.

- Remove the limited number of rounds in road encounters (currently the limit is set to 5 rounds. Changing it to 99 rounds would solve this problem).

- Make the torch light more durable - it's very easy to get to 0 (zero) and have cullists appear out of nowhere, which can prematurely end your run. Maybe put a lower limit on that. For example, it never goes below 10.

- Remove "death's door" from monsters. I don't think it's a good mechanic. When monsters / enemies reach 0 (zero) health, they should be killed.

- Increase the number of trinkets a hero can carry - maybe 4 trinkets.

- Increase the treasure gained (such as x2), so we can remove bad status and buy needed items more easily.

- Remove limited number of uses of some skills - or increase 2 or 3 times. In boss fights or fights that are longer than average, this type of skill becomes useless very quickly.

------------------------------------------------- -

I think that's it!

I know this will make the game a lot easier, but that's the point. Personally, I don't play any game for more than 20 or 30 hours (for me that's a whole month of gaming). I think with these changes I will be able to finish the game in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks!

Edited by rafaelgrecco

While I never did any kind of modding for any game, I did some digging on the game files and managed to make some changes myself.

I managed to:

- Unlock every hero from the start

- Unlock every combat skill from the start (this must be changed on the save file)

- Remove the limited number of rounds on road encounters

- Change penalties of low torch light (no more cullist appearing out of nowhere)

- Increase the number of uses per battle of certain skills

- Increase the number of trinkets each hero can carry to 4

- Lower the cost to remove negative quirks

If anyone is interested I will gadly explain what to change.