Should I get a new GPU?

Hey everybody!

I have a question.

Taskmanager says, that my GPU runs at 99% capacity while running a game. (Skyrim SE with a lot of mods and ENB)

I'm getting between 20 and 30 FPS depending on location.

I'm very sorry if this is a noob question, but does that mean I should get a stronger GPU?

My GPU at the moment is a AMD Radeon R9 200 Series.

Could anybody help me with this and maybe even suggest a GPU I should get?

Thanks a lot!

Greetings

That is a truly old card, and things have improved quite a bit since they came out. Trouble is, GPU prices are absolutely stupid at the moment, and that seems like it is going to remain the case for some time. (months, if not years....) With the chip shortage, and other pandemic problems still impacting production and transportation, even FINDING a decent card can be a real exercise. So, the biggest question becomes, how much are you willing to spend? Also, what is the rest of your hardware? CPU? RAM? HDDs?

Wow, thank you for your super fast answer!

Yeah, I was kinda expecting that answer. Was hoping not to ruin myself financially, so 500 t0 600 dollars would be my max. at the moment.

CPU is AMD Ryzen 3 3200G, i got 16GB RAM, and one HDD with 932GB.

Again, thank you very much!

You could get into a 1660TI, or even a decent RTX 2060 6gb within your budget. Or, a similar AMD card...... What country you are in might make a difference as well. :D I generally go to Newegg, to see what's out there, find what I like, and then see if I can find a better price elsewhere. (which sometimes happens.) I'm in the US.

I think either would be a nice bump in performance for ya. 2060 has a slight advantage over the 1660. You want a 6gb card though. (or more, if you can swing it.) Of course, that will likely make the CPU the bottleneck. :D But, you can upgrade that later, and use the video card in the next build as well. :D