Build your own in depth castle

Deathforge

So I've been enjoying these build your own homes, some customization options are awesome but in the end I still am not fond of the wood cabins.

I think a castle builder would be epic, make a majestic castle of beauty or a fortress of doom.

There maybe one out there but I'm thinking bigger... more customization options.

Hire your guards, give most NPC's an option to be recruited.

Able to put one distinct armor set on your guards of your choice.

Issue orders on where they stand guard, watch tower, wall, entry, etc.

Choice of where to put what building addon (always killed me putting something in a set location) ((I don't mean free pick but something in any slot would be nice, even double up on smithy or alchemy garden)).

Design choices for wall/floor/ceiling textures.

Location choices (Not saying to plop one down where ever the player feels like it, just a nice selection would be great - mountain top, river, waterfall, hell inside of a cave)

Visitors, people coming randomly to dine, shop, clean, pick your herbs, invade, steal. (Wouldn't you adore the panic of coming down the road and seeing barbarians trying to storm your keep? Maybe the Dawnguard if you're a vampire?)

New room types of quality standards - dungeon, a "bat cave" type room, massive dining hall, etc (some of the rooms listed as those I've been overly disappointed with).

If there is something like this, point me to it. I'm terrible with designing mods or I would've jumped on this when hearth came out. Just putting that out there for whoever is feeling a lack ideas.

Make that and you would be my hero.

• 1 year later...

Also important is your followers need to be able to do just that folow you out of the castle. What would probally be to hard to do but a the same a game in itself would be castle vs castle in like siege and terrortory fighting. You know like leave some forces behind but take the main force to assault target. stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...