Weird Holes in Interior Ceilings

pnats

Just an FYI, this is my first time posting on this site in the years that I've been a member, so I'm not entirely certain of whether or not I left something out.

So yeah, I'm getting these weird holes in the ceiling of most interiors. It's not a huge bug, but seeing the floor of another level through the lower level's ceiling is kind of annoying. My load order is as follows:

GameMode=FalloutNV
FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
domecity.esm=1
FreesideOpen.esm=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm=1
NVInteriors_Core.esm=1
NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm=1
NVR-Strip.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm=1
New Vegas Redesigned II.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm=1
FNV-BeardEyebrowFixV1_0.esp=1
FreesideOpenPatch.esp=1
FreesideOpenBoulderDomePatch.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp=1
NVR-NPCs.esp=1
NVR-ELECTRO-CTIY_Patch.esp=1
NVR-Version_10.esp=1
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp=1
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp=1
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp=1
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp=1
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp=1
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp=1
FSOmusic.esp=1
Improved Sound FX.esp=1
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp=1
Improved Sound FX - Project Nevada.esp=1
NewVegasBounties.esp=1
NewVegasBountiesII.esp=1
NewVegasBountiesFSOPatch.esp=1
outsidebets.esp=1
GRA WRP Compatibility Patch.esp=1
mac10.esp=1
NVR- Lore version.esp=1
New Vegas redesigned- Honest Hearts.esp=1
Voice dissonance fix.esp=1
Companion Sandbox Mode.esp=1
Light Step ED-E.esp=1
UnlimitedCompanions.esp=1
UnlimitedCompanions SCRIPT FIX.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
Improved Sound FX - WMX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp=1
Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1
WMX-ModernWeapons.esp=1
WMX-DeadMoney.esp=1
WMX-HonestHearts.esp=1
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp=1
WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp=1
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp=1
WMX-MW-GRA.esp=1
Improved Sound FX - WMX - Merged Major DLCs.esp=1
Improved Sound FX - WMX - GRA Sharing Fix.esp=1
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
WMX-EVE-AllDLC.esp=1
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp=1
Improved Sound FX - EVE.esp=1
Vurt's WFO.esp=1
Nevada Skies.esp=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp=1
Millenia_Tokarev.esp=1
Uzi.esp=1
Firefly_guns.esp=1
LeeEnfieldNo4.esp=1
LeeEnfieldMkIII.esp=1
MosinNagant.esp=1
PPSh41.esp=1
Ww2K98.esp=1
M1895Nagant.esp=1
Riot Gear Neck Cover.esp=1
Omegared99 - Enb Transparency Fix.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1
In addition to those, I also have NMC's texture pack and the New Vegas Interiors compatibility patch for it, which I think were just textures, so they wouldn't really show up in the load order.
Here's a screenshot of the issue:
As you can see, the holes are entirely transparent. More often than not, you can see other walls, floors, and interiors from these holes.
It doesn't happen in every interior, but it does occur in the vast majority of the more dilapidated buildings. The screenshot is from the main level of the Sunset Sarsaparilla Factory.
Thanks in advance! If there's anything I can do to help, I'll be sure to cooperate.

Wow that is different. first off how do you copy and paste your load order like that? As for your problem I'm to lazy (and to sick) to count how many mods you have installed. you may however reached your limit. Everybody has a different limit to the number of mods they can run before the game starts glitching out like crazy. If your at around 100 or so that could be your problem.

Wow that is different. first off how do you copy and paste your load order like that?

The Nexus Mod Manager allows you to do it. It's something to the effect of, "Export Load Order," I believe.

As for your problem I'm to lazy (and to sick) to count how many mods you have installed. you may however reached your limit.

Around ninety (90), which is well under the limit, both the theoretical (256) and the actual (~120-140). Again, that is the only current bug that I can see. And even then, I've installed all these mods properly and use BOSS, which often significantly cuts out load order errors and other compatibility issues.

Everybody has a different limit to the number of mods they can run before the game starts glitching out like crazy. If your at around 100 or so that could be your problem.

I have run far more New Vegas mods that I have currently. I mean, I was able to get around 170 working together before wonky stuff started happening. That was on a previous install, however.

You've got an alpha property attached to the node for the offrmmid or cieling pieces in question. I don't know how it got there, but there it is.

That, or the node which is part of those pieces is missing.

In either case,

look in your data folder for any meshes\dungeons\office pieces and delete them.

Edited by TrickyVein

You've got an alpha property attached to the node for the offrmmid or cieling pieces in question. I don't know how it got there, but there it is.

That, or the node which is part of those pieces is missing.

In either case,

look in your data folder for any meshes\dungeons\office pieces and delete them.

The only folder that was located in Data\Meshes\dungeons was "hotelhighend." Even so, I tried removing that to no avail.

Hell, I removed the entire meshes folder to no avail, which kinda baffles me, to be perfectly honest.

Edit: Deactivating all plugins (both official and modded do nothing), creating a new save, and verifying the integrity of the game's Steam cache all did nothing. I really hope I don't have to make a clean install. That's always annoying.

Edited by pnats

Update: So apparently F12 have something to do with it, but only because it's the Steam screenshot key. Is there anything that would cause this? I'm really confused right now.

Before I hit F12, the ceilings look like this:

After I hit F12, the ceilings look like this, but only for a few seconds:

Edited by pnats

I'm getting the same problem and I'm only running about 30 mods (42 total plugin count) I have a feeling this has something to do with ENB so I'm going to delete all ENB related files and test it out. Its very immersion breaking.

EDIT: My load order is actually very similar to yours. I'm running ENB 173 and Enhanced Shaders http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49882//?

EDIT 2: Moving all the ENB files was what fixed it for me (or deleting them). I'm curious is to why this was happening though as I didn't have this issue in my first play-through several months ago with the same ENB. I had disabled AO and Detailed shadows in the ENB ini. I will try to test this a bit more and experiment with other ENBs later, because I need a nap right now lol :P

Edited by dustindestrctin

• 2 weeks later...

Anything you've found out? I've been messing around with things for quite a while and I can't quite seem to get anything under control, transparency wise. I also know that the issue effects flamers, incinerators, and some powder ganger armors.