thanks for the colletion invite but ...

Guest deleted34304850

Guest deleted34304850

Is there a way to remove the banner without resorting to browser-side necromancy? Is there any opt-out and don't bother me again with it feature available to me in my preferences, that I may be missing, or, is it part of the site for the "chosen" until its taken down by yourselves?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

Guest deleted34304850

i gave it a look went through the painful rigmarol of getting my api key and linking my account and a whole slew of other stuff which was joyless. Once i got through that, the discord is full of people who don't like how vortex looks or can't use it and its just the same boring nonsense as you see in the forums, but it scrolls up....go figure.

now i just want a neat and easy way to remove the nagging reminder with a simple click - at the minute my adblocker is doing a sterling job, but i hate the fact that i have to employ that addon to to the work that should be part of my site preferences.

The banner as-is currently disappears for your "browser session" when you click the X - that's up to your browser how long that lasts but it's usually until you close all tabs. We're going to make it so it's time-based instead of session-based. Of course, if you block cookies completely then it will always show.