Realistic Holds, Basically first shared mod from me.

Onnerox

So i just rewatched the skyrim live trailer for the game, and it looked very very cool. I don't know why, but this time I found it to be way more awesome than when I first saw it. So I thought to myself. If I mod my own games, why not share my ideas with others.

So I got on the construction set and I started working on a new mod. This will be the first mod ever that I'll release in the nexus. I mod for myself in the past based on what I think would look better, and make the players more immerse in the game, but I didn't ever release any of those. It's not because I was afraid that the comminty might not like it, but it was mostly because I was too lazy to do so and I didn't feel like it.

The point: Well my point is I'm creating a mod for skyrim called "Realistic Holds".

The goal of this mod is to make each of the holds more immersive when traveling and interacting in each of the areas. Generally I always thought that the towns and cities were way too small, and far too overrated. When the people in the town talks about the history of each town, they make it seems so great and awesome. You would expect more, but no, because they all looked like they only fit at most 30 people living in them. Even if I can't do a lot more to each of the towns. I want to make it so that the towns and cities seems like what they are actaully described as. Below is a list of what this mod will be doing.

Holds: (Note that these mentions are not final and I could change them) I'm trying to stick as close to lore and vanilla skyrim as much as possible because I don't want to completely change the game.

WhiteRun- Adds another section to the city. This section is an exterior so people can just go in and out as they please. this section will take place from the entrance of city all the way to the road that is in front of white run. There is a wall that surrounds this section, but it will be mostly in ruins due to disrepair and time. On the flipside, inside of white run will be more houses, and the houses will be closer to each other for a "assassins creed" feel.

WindHelm- Expands the city, adding a commons area to the west and wealthy area that rests in the breast of the mountains behind Wind Helm a bit. The wealthy area will over look the common area. Expand the Grey Qautres down the river a bit more, and may possibly adding another dock to the other side of the bridge. On the inside the changes mentioned above will take place also, and like white run add more houses so that there would be a tighter and more crowded feel to the city.

WinterHold- Adds a mostly destroyed wall to the perimeters of winter hold. Half on land and half in the sea where there will be plenty of ruins resting. This wall will encircle both the poor excuse for winterhold and the college. Adds a few more houses that are not destroyed to the land area as well, because seriously, are you even a hold nore more if you are in charge of 3 houses.

Solitude- This will add a dock district similar to another mod that was released, but this is my vision of solitude according to how it was described in lore. There will be residentials on both side of the river that goes underneath Solitude. These two sides will be connected by a bridge. Considering the fact that solitude is giving me little space to work with on the interior, I wil only add houses to make it feel more tight and crowded. Maybe I'll come up with something more sooner or later.

Riften- Expands the Riften docks and make it go out more into the lake. Not much to do with Riften since it looked much complete to me already. Probably will add more houses like the other holds also, and that's it. Riften is still very open to me.

Markarth- What I envisioned the city to be like, to be honest was helms deep from the lotr series. It was close I say, but I keep reading and hearing that Markarth has so many steps, but when I got there, there was seriousely not enough steps to my heart content. Just kidding, but I want to make Markarth more! I want it to be more like a city and not just a hole in the wall. I'll expand the city upward. The city will climb the mountainside.

Falkreath- Expanding the graveyard was the first thing that came into my mind. I'll expand the graveyard into the forest and make it look like it's actually been there for a long time instead of just a decade ago. Also adds a stone wall that surrounds Falkreath and the grave yard, and probably a few more houses.

Morthal- Adds a wooden wall and a few more houses. Not much else one can do here without over doing it.

DawnStar- Expands the dock area and maybe add a fence to surround the perimeter of the town. Also more houses for immersion.

That should be it. Lastly sad to say, but school is starting again for me in September so this will probably be a slow progress. Also as mentioned before, I'm trying to keep as close as possible to vanilla so therefore there will be no new quests. There will be NPC's who just sandbox. There will be a few more interiors for houses, but most of the houses will probably just be there for looks. I'll keep Version 1.0 uploaded as soon as I'm done with it, which will probably be in the next week or so.

Feel free to comment and ask any questions, or tell me how excited you are for the feature so I can get a little kick start, because nobody wants a mod where no one will look at. Thanks!! :)