CTDs/freezing - boss/papyrus log

666darkelf666

1) I am not sure what your question is, because you haven't actually describe what problems are you are experiencing, other than that your Papyrus log contain entries (which is not a 'problem' in and of itself). Are the CTDs random? Reproducible? Where/when/how often?

2) STEPS is a knowledge base for 'modding enthusiasts' to share information about how to run heavily modded setups and make them as stable as possible (which is a far cry from "completely stable", something that even vanilla Skyrim would not be able to accomplish). STEPS absolutely does not work as a 'Hey, new mod users! Try this out!' guide (and even though STEPS comes with warning tags, I really wish they would make this much more explicit). Given how often mods update, keeping your heavily modded load order updated, troubleshooting it, and making your own compatibility patches, will possibly consume more time than playing the game itself, especially when it's something that you will never stop doing as long as you are playing the game. Mod users really need to be aware that maintaining a large load order isn't a 'setup and forget' operation. If that's not the sort of modding experience you are interested in, consider drastically reducing your modded installation to something more manageable, then growing it slowly over time.

3) In fact, that is the first thing I recommend for your setup. Do a fresh 'reinstall' of Skyrim, and select 50 essential mods (or just uninstall all mods except the 50 essential mods, if you installed the mods using the Mod Organizer). Play the game with those 50 mods for a month. If you can't even ensure a stable setup with 50 mods, definitely stay away from STEPS.

Edited by ripple