Vertibird wont land on specified marker

greekrage

This is a weird as it gets.

I spent 2 days trying to get a vertibird to land at my latest Egret location mod with its own landing pad and xmarker...

No matter what i did it would NOT land on the marker anywhere i tried placing it OUTSIDE of the walled settlement.

It would prefer to land in heavily object dense areas than land on a clear and perfectly navmeshed pad.

I built 4 different pads around the settlement and in each case a FRESH marker and fresh save .

All pads where INSIDE the sand box . Instead it would land at either random unmarked spots or inside the settlement again in unmarked spots.

I finally gave up because i wanted to publish the mod but the question still remains...

In any other location i add a pad it works fine even many cells away from the map marker and even in other named cells..

In this case it wont even land inside the sandbox or a cell next to the map marker cell...

Also tried using the FPV own pads and even used a fast travel mat...It would not land on any of them .

Is this a location specific bug ?

Here is an example : Ugp1NZ.jpg

Is the area that you want it to land in properly navmeshed?

Yes i stated that in my post...Its navmeshed specifically for a vertibird so it dont sink... Right on top of the pad.. ;)

This isnt the first time ive done this... Everywhere else that i made specific landing pads etc... all worked fine except here for some reason.

The dedicated space is also enough since i can actually build a vertibird there as well..

In other words nothing interfering with it.

As mentioned i did this at 4 different spots around the settlement and none worked. It lands anywhere but the markers or even its own pad or fast travel mat...Like i said its very weird...

to clarify..

This a FPV vertibird ( a mod) not vanilla.

Second pads used were both the games vanilla pad navmeshed from on top of pad and then extended outwards (meaning navmesh is ON the pad checked and rechecked several times since i did this 4 times in various spots...

The pad you see in the pic is the mods OWN pad built with workshop.

Just set one up at the Covenant where im doing another mod..

Threw down a marker ,linked map marker to it with its keyword...Works like a charm on first attempt....(btw didnt even navmesh this one just dropped the marker on the road , its even outside of the sandbox in another cell ).

The actual object reference script function is GetSafePosition(). It's in the BoSVertibirdSmokeGrenadeScript.

You use the vanilla helipad?

Dude im setting up an xmarkerheading(center of pad/landing zone) and linking the map marker to it via "FastTravelFlightLandingFurnitureLinkedRef" keyword. The vertibird is forced to land on it...and still ignores it. Vertibird prefers to land in spots that arent even clear (trees,fences,light posts etc...clipping through everything ) and wont land on the clear pad even once in 4 different spots that i tried around the location...

Either the Vertibird mod has an issue with the location or the map marker that the xmarker is referenced to..

The pad is irrelevant btw the vertibird looks at the marker and lands there as long as there is a navmesh .

Edited by greekrage