Would love challenge levels and/or Randomized or Altered Item & en

EricTFitzgerald

I've been excited for this type of thing ever since Dark Souls was announced for PC. I originally bought my gaming PC specifically because Portal 2 was about to come out, and I wanted to be certain I had the chance to play any and all user made levels/mappacks like I had for Portal 1.

Dark Souls is super super super good, let's all agree there. But when you start your seventh, eighth, ninth profile the game starts to become sort of predictable. I was hoping someone would be able to alter enemy placements, or even randomize them (!) as well as randomize item placements in the world!? How possible is it to tweak these settings? I would very much like to see "challenge" levels designed and executed: for example, when the level starts, you're a pyro/strength build (pre-built by the modder) and you are in blighttown swamp, and have to defeat the pyro lady. or another example you start the level at the Kiln, all auto leveled up and geared up, and you have to parry the dark knights to beat them, buckler and rapier style. Or like a boss rush challenge where you have 20 flask sips to make it through all the bosses in a row, or like Resident Evil's "Mercenaries" bonus game, where more and more enemies come at you and you have to survive five minutes or something. Anyone into this idea? Like making mini challenge levels for Dark Souls? Or making a randomized item/enemy placement world builder?

I haven't even begun noodling in this game code-wise but don't really know about scripts for this complex a game.... Ok, that's all for now! Looking forward to someone's attempt at this, or perhaps some literature on how to do the noodling myself! Eric