Anybody else's Skyrim SKSE just stopped launching all of a sudden?

dfrost135

Hi there, I literally just quit Skyrim SE to check something in Vortex. Went to boot the game back up and it's just crashed straight to desktop every time I've tried launching it through SKSE. I've removed mods and done everything I can think of, even tried reinstalling SKSE itself to no avail.

Is anyone else suffering with this issue? I am preying it has nothing to do with the anniversary update lol.

Edit: Before anyone asks: I haven't launched through steam and I turned auto updates off, I have not updated to the anniversary update.

Edited by dfrost135

I have THE EXACT SAME ISSUE. And I made sure to turn off the updates, I have Steam running on the background and I'm launching the game from Skese crashing on startup... What did we forget? Oh... no... oh no,no,no XD

Lol, here's hoping someone finds a fix. I'm going to keep trying to do what I can to get it to launch but at this point I feel like it's a lost cause, I seriously think it has something to do with the game wanting to update and because of that it has broken SKSE.

Well... until yesterday, at afternoon (I'm from Mexico so mind you the hour differences) at around... 5pm? The game starting crashing on startup, BUT, it was only 2 times, as I could load my game the other times I tried. But NOW, I only can get the game to start in 1 of 7 times. I thought there was something on my end (I just downloaded 2 followers pack, at around 11pm Central Time), then I remembered the 10th Anniversary edition was going to get released soon. And surprise surprise.

If more users report the same issue as us, then it's definitely the game "wanting" to update.

Well... until yesterday, at afternoon (I'm from Mexico so mind you the hour differences) at around... 5pm? The game starting crashing on startup, BUT, it was only 2 times, as I could load my game the other times I tried. But NOW, I only can get the game to start in 1 of 7 times. I thought there was something on my end (I just downloaded 2 followers pack, at around 11pm Central Time), then I remembered the 10th Anniversary edition was going to get released soon. And surprise surprise.

If more users report the same issue as us, then it's definitely the game "wanting" to update.

I've noticed a couple of people reporting the same issue with the crashing but with the new "Preliminary" SKSE update for AE apparently (don't take my word for it) most SKSE mods now work with the new update, however any mod that is dependent on Address library or DLL loader are still incompatible as they themselves still need to be updated. Just to be on the safe side until I see that Address libary has been updated I won't be upgrading.

I have the same problem. Worked fine yesterday. Today when launching via skse loader, got message about my version is newer so can't load. I then installed the latest skse from silverlock and have same problem. I also had message on steam to update my skyrim se, so I did, still the same. When I try to launch from steam, I get application load error. What is going on?

Try this mod "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher".

Looks like a good way to reverse the changes AE makes to your SSE exe.

I can launch SSE fine from my desktop skse64 shortcut. However I opened Steam offline and have not yet gone online with it so I do not know if it will automatically update SSE to the AE version.

If it does I will use the mod I mentioned and hopefully that will fix any problems.