Anybody else's Skyrim SKSE just stopped launching all of a sudden?

dfrost135

Yes, if you went online with Steam it would update your SSE executable to the AE version. If you are playing on a PC you will not get the CC content that is bundled with the AE version, you have to buy that version to get the CC content..

You get the same content regardless of which platform you're on. Four free Creations and the option to purchase the pack containing all the rest.

Helpful information, Thanks. However, when I attempt to launch, I get an application load error. Whether or not I launch from steam of from a desktop shortcut. I have not installed the skse preliminary AE update. Not sure if I should or not.

I went ahead and installed the preliminary ae version from silverlock, and I now get the message that my skyrim version is newer than the one skse supports, still cannot launch skyrim. Any ideas?

Edited by Darylem

I am now able to run skyrim se and some of my mods are working. SkyUI is not working, which is a pain. I did install the preliminary silverlock skse version for ae, but when I try to launch using the skse loader, I get the same message about my version is newer than skse supports. So it won't launch. When I do start skyrim, I get the message that skse is not running.

Installed the latest version of skse preliminary from silverlock and everything is working. All my mods so far are ok, though I don't have too many installed(about 16). My previous attempt failed I think because it installed it incorrectly. Found a new youtube video on how to install it and their directions were clear and made the process simple.

Edited by Darylem

Nope, got CTD on startup again. Well, I installed some followers.... maybe is still the game telling me it wants to be updated or is something on my end? This morning I could start Skyrim SE good, 3 times in a row. Now I crashed at start up 4 times in a row. Will Skyrim SE become practically obsolete?

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here, have been in and out trying to remove update mods and remove the AE ones. Went to Console trying to reset back to earlier and found note that AE broke that too. From other web site downloaded a work around download depot file but not savy enough to know how to use. So now stuck on revolving door trying enjoy game. I think my enjoyment of Skyrim SE over the years has been reinstalling and reloading instead of just playing. Anyone find solution please let me know. Thanks