Photo

Redirects and McAfee Popups that are appearing on the Nexus site.

warning issues

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

charlisynth

charlisynth

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

oh gosh, this subforum is a little buried, but glad i found it.

i blocked push notifications, but the fake McAfee tabs still pop up :o

anyway, back to gaming, i love this community, hope it gets fixed soon.

BKViews

BKViews

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

*Raises Hand*

Yes, also receiving this popup after clicking on nexusmods homepage links from within my bookmarks or from typing in google search/address bar.

The site that pops over the nexus site is showing as "https://windows-protector.com:443".

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,418 posts

Thank you for reporting. I've passed this on to our ad provider.

Maniehl

Maniehl

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Started happening to me 3 days ago.  Very annoying, have to shut down the page and then find it again, only happens on Nexus.

I suppose if I had read more than the first page of posts, I would have seen you were already aware.

Edited by Maniehl, 08 January 2022 - 12:56 PM.

ESmite

ESmite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Dark0ne... hope this isn't a necro but the redirects are really really bad currently:

2100hr, SE Usa, Edge Browser

Seems to be associated with plugin adds in LR corner. After about a 45sec delay the redirects are constant.  Fallout 4 almost immediate, Skyrim you have a couple minutes before they start.  Stopped checking there.  Will test Chrome now.

Samples:

Update edit:
Chrome gives us about 5-7 min before redirects start.
Sample redirects (in Chrome)

[Update]
Looks okay today, no redirects in Edge.  Oddly, even though Edge and Chrome were acting up yesterday Firefox didn't exhibit the issue! 

Edited by ESmite, 09 February 2022 - 10:09 PM.

GinnyMods

GinnyMods

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

I think my mind is ready to explode.

marshalcroft

marshalcroft

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Still occuring: Quick redirects to mcafee virus scams and a few others. Quick research indicates this is an issue that keeps reoccuring over the past couple years.

ESmite

ESmite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Still occurring but strangely it starts in the evening about 1900hr EST and stops sometime in the early morning for me.

I ran a sitecheck which reports:

"Medium Security Risk" due to an old version of PHP being run

Suggested corrections:

Hardening Improvements
Security Headers

Missing security header for ClickJacking Protection. Alternatively, you can use Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'none'.

Missing security header to prevent Content Type sniffing.

Missing Strict-Transport-Security security header.

Missing Content-Security-Policy directive. We recommend to add the following CSP directives (you can use default-src if all values are the same): script-src, object-src, base-uri, frame-src

Leaked PHP version. Your site is displaying your PHP version in the HTTP headers. Please set expose_php = Off.

(Source: https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/

Wastelanddoctor

Wastelanddoctor

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
First time on forum since I didn't know where else to go for this. I just had multiple pop up redirect ads in a row while trying to browse the site just now- including the mcafee one, scan didn't find anything and I have no trouble elsewhere. I understand needing to run ads to pay for the site but these are getting very obnoxious.
Edit: Got two more, mcaffee again and one was called matildawu.online, or atleast thats what is was called in the url.

Edited by Wastelanddoctor, 18 February 2022 - 04:05 AM.

420ReptarJH

420ReptarJH

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Having this issue really bad. Cant click hardly anything without it redirecting me somewhere else.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warning, issues

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.027 seconds