Redirects and McAfee Popups that are appearing on the Nexus site.

shinnasuka124

Started happening to me 3 days ago. Very annoying, have to shut down the page and then find it again, only happens on Nexus.

I suppose if I had read more than the first page of posts, I would have seen you were already aware.

Edited by Maniehl

• 1 month later...

Dark0ne... hope this isn't a necro but the redirects are really really bad currently:

2100hr, SE Usa, Edge Browser

Seems to be associated with plugin adds in LR corner. After about a 45sec delay the redirects are constant. Fallout 4 almost immediate, Skyrim you have a couple minutes before they start. Stopped checking there. Will test Chrome now.

Samples:

Update edit:
Chrome gives us about 5-7 min before redirects start.
Sample redirects (in Chrome)
Edited by ESmite

Still occurring but strangely it starts in the evening about 1900hr EST and stops sometime in the early morning for me.

I ran a sitecheck which reports:

"Medium Security Risk" due to an old version of PHP being run

Suggested corrections:

Hardening Improvements
Security Headers

Missing security header for ClickJacking Protection. Alternatively, you can use Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'none'.

Missing security header to prevent Content Type sniffing.

Missing Strict-Transport-Security security header.

Missing Content-Security-Policy directive. We recommend to add the following CSP directives (you can use default-src if all values are the same): script-src, object-src, base-uri, frame-src

Leaked PHP version. Your site is displaying your PHP version in the HTTP headers. Please set expose_php = Off.

(Source: https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/

First time on forum since I didn't know where else to go for this. I just had multiple pop up redirect ads in a row while trying to browse the site just now- including the mcafee one, scan didn't find anything and I have no trouble elsewhere. I understand needing to run ads to pay for the site but these are getting very obnoxious.

Edit: Got two more, mcaffee again and one was called matildawu.online, or atleast thats what is was called in the url.

Edited by Wastelanddoctor