Skyrim AE Given to SKSE devs Early?

ScrollSerrayt

I went into the Skyrim AE news expecting to rag on Bethesda for reselling the same game again and causing another modpocalypse. To my surprise I find out today that the Skyrim devs actually gave versions of the new edition early to the SKSE devs so that mods wouldn't take as long to update? That was an unnessecary but highly welcome move, and I can't be mad at Bethesda for it. It would have been so easy for them to not care at all and just force the mod devs to just deal with a big update. That's what Mojang devs do, do you think they give upcoming MC versions to Forge devs? Not a chance. While Skyrim AE certainly ain't perfect, at least I want to take a moment to appreciate Bethesda being one of the few game companies who would go this far to support third-party mods.

That said, I will probably won't buy the AE version, not yet anyways. I still am not sure exactly how much content is in the upgrade and I'm not sure how many mods will still be broken by the update regardless of the SKSE stuff. But Bethesda doing this gesture would make me feel a lot less stupid if I end up buying the upgrade. So for now I will stick with SE and just wait to see how things play out.

You don't buy it. Its automatically given to you. See post on how to avoid updating if you're concerned.

I know how to avoid the update, just keep it on steam as "only update when I launch" and I avoid this condition by only launching the game with my SKSE launcher. But I COULD buy the upgrade, and I think that would give me ALL creation club content including the new stuff added in the AE. If I don't buy the upgrade, I think I just get 4 free creation kit content instead. The upgrade MIGHT be worth it for me to buy because I've never bought any creation kit content, so to me it would be 20 dollars for potentially a good chunk of content I've never seen.

We should just accept the offer, when on desktop open skyrim SE, i thinking click on the AE upgrade press X, and then when SKSE64 get a update, depending how long the developers take to fix the issue, and who knows SKSE64, may

become SKSE128, also there is planty of none SKSE64 mods still on nexus, i am going to miss SKSE64, Skyui, MCM and engine fixes also dyndolod.