How do I put Vortex as the same drive as my games?

ItsNotALemon1

I posted this question on the skyrim modding troublshoot forum but I realize now I probably should asked somewhere thats specifically about Nexus/Vortex.

Also, I'm extremely new to everything about pc gaming, modding and so on, so please be patient with me lol

Anyway, I was curious about how to download Vortex to a specific drive so it can be on the same drive as my Steam and Skyrim. I have both Steam and Skyrim downloaded to my (D:) drive but whenever I tried to download Vortex it would download automatically to my (C:) drive, which I think may have been causing me some problems even after I directed it to download all my mods to a folder on my (D:) drive.

I also would like to know if there was a way to download SKSE to my (D:) drive as well. Because again, when I downloaded it it automatically went to my (C:) drive, and then once I exported it and placed the files in my Skyrim folder (which is on my (D:) drive) and then ran the game to see if it was running, nothing appeared like how it should when I open the command box.

Any advice would be extremely helpful!

left hand side {setting}

like mine is

{Mods}

E:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse

& {Download}

E:\Utilities\Mods

Thank you sm for responding, I really appreciate it!

But would you mind going into a little more depth for me? :dance:

Like, would this be where I look in my files after I have Vortex downloaded again or inside the application itself?

I posted this question on the skyrim modding troublshoot forum but I realize now I probably should asked somewhere thats specifically about Nexus/Vortex.

Also, I'm extremely new to everything about pc gaming, modding and so on, so please be patient with me lol

Anyway, I was curious about how to download Vortex to a specific drive so it can be on the same drive as my Steam and Skyrim. I have both Steam and Skyrim downloaded to my (D:) drive but whenever I tried to download Vortex it would download automatically to my (C:) drive, which I think may have been causing me some problems even after I directed it to download all my mods to a folder on my (D:) drive.

I also would like to know if there was a way to download SKSE to my (D:) drive as well. Because again, when I downloaded it it automatically went to my (C:) drive, and then once I exported it and placed the files in my Skyrim folder (which is on my (D:) drive) and then ran the game to see if it was running, nothing appeared like how it should when I open the command box.

You may find it helpful to view Gopher's "Beginner's Guide to Vortex." Start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD9xKao_u30. Also, there's a considerable amount of useful information in the Vortex Knowledge Base, which can be accessed through the Vortex dashboard.

You may find it helpful to view Gopher's "Beginner's Guide to Vortex." Start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD9xKao_u30. Also, there's a considerable amount of useful information in the Vortex Knowledge Base, which can be accessed through the Vortex dashboard.

yeah I looked at these a little but could never get a complete answer to the question I was asking, I'll check em out again tho to see if I missed something important

Thank you tho!

It's best to leave the Vortex app on C:\

You can move the staging and download folders in the settings. The staging folder should also be on D:\ with your games for the best experience. The download folder can go anywhere.

Ah yes!

Could how exactly I would do this?