Skyrim Special Edition Anniversary Edition (AE) (CBM Guide)

avidichard

Regarding AFT and number of followers. When the anniversary edition opened, I had Uthgerd and Lydia with me. Lydia just disappeared. I can survive with one companion but prefer three as there are some occasions when I need eyes at the back of my head.

Add to that, I like to manage their weapons and armor. While I know that they are supposed to use the best items, it doesn't always work out that way.

I also like to give them various magic spells and like to have them not trip traps.

I have been working not without ShyUI and while it isn't too difficult, I am spoiled. Since I bought the original game when it was released I think I may be entitled to be spoiled.

I love folks like you. You make the game so interesting and I mourn the MODers who have retired or moved on to other games. I used to love the map makers on the 3D0 series of games for their creativity.

I hope there are enough left here to update the MODs they have created and so keep the game fresh. BTW I am also replaying Oblivion.

Best regards, Ed

I was actually using AFT for reasons similar to yours. But I found out that patches make the game much more unstable after a while. AND, it's very easy to forget a patch and they are not all that easy to find and combine.

I found another method of managing companions and that is by installing more than one mod instead of an all deal package. For instance, the Multiple Follower mod I use, does not seem to use SKSE, so no problems there. Then, I use an individual mod to manage their homes. I also use another one to manage the hired steward. And I am working myself on creating a mod to manage follower inventory and remove those default outfit or at least manage them much better without going through SKSE. Having multiple mods to manage different parts of the followers makes moding easier because if a mod interferes with another, you do not loose the entire follower management system, just part of it. So these are the mods I use to manage my followers:

Minimalistic Follower Framework (Allow 4 followers)

Missing Follower Dialogue Fix (Requirement for next mod)

Follow Me Darling - All Spouses Can Be Followers

Dismiss Steward (Hire someone else as a steward, good when acquiring more followers on your way)

My Home is Your Home (Set your follower's home)

For now, that's what I can use in the Anniversary Edition without using SKSE dependant mods.

Let's face it, Bethesda, Steam and Nexus dropped the ball. Bethesda and Steam by forcing a partial AE update for Skyrim SE instead of making it an option and Nexus by forcing an update for the USSEP file and archiving the old one so no one can access it in order to keep playing the regular SE version game. Both the AE version and the updated USSEP should have been offered as options.

The Skyrim AE version is a joke. Bethesda added 4 lame mods that would not stand on their own to SSE, slapped a $30 price tag on it and marketed as new and improved just in time for Christmas. Bethesda would have been better served if they would of used their resources to further their TES 6 project than wasting it on this train wreak.