[LE] Boss fight scripting help

wilwhitt56

Hello there, Im needing help with (what i consider to be the biggest) script for my mod. What Im wanting to do is make a script that, after talking with her, the boss will go hostile and attack. After roughly 1/3 of her health goes down, she teleports to a location and a miniboss pops out of a coffin and attacks. once you beat it, she comes back and you begin again. 2/3, same thing. once you beat her, Im wanting to make it so that everything stops like a cutscene, s#*! starts exploding, rocks start falling, the boss's soul is screaming in agony and you are teleported away to a new cell before everything goes BOOM!

soooo yeah, anyone wanna help me with this?

Hello there, Im needing help with (what i consider to be the biggest) script for my mod. What Im wanting to do is make a script that, after talking with her, the boss will go hostile and attack. After roughly 1/3 of her health goes down, she teleports to a location and a miniboss pops out of a coffin and attacks. once you beat it, she comes back and you begin again. 2/3, same thing. once you beat her, Im wanting to make it so that everything stops like a cutscene, s*** starts exploding, rocks start falling, the boss's soul is screaming in agony and you are teleported away to a new cell before everything goes BOOM!

soooo yeah, anyone wanna help me with this?

Let me try to fix this to make it more understandable:

1. You approach her and she speaks to you with various dialogue choices. Once you pick the one that ends the dialogue, she becomes hostile and attacks

2. ( I'm changing it up here) During the combat after she loses roughly half her health, she disappears and two dragon priests pop up out of coffins and attack.

3. After they are dead, she reappears and attacks again

4. Once she dies, a scene plays out where you hear her voice. Or rather see her text pop up (presumably her soul). She starts screaming and stuff, things start falling, camera shaking, stuff exploding. When a huge one happens, you are teleported out of there and into another cell.

Does this break it down a bit better?

Complex scene and encounter scripts can take hours and hours to write. Those touchups especially, after you setup a solid sequence and enter the "lets make this perfect" phase

What have you done so far? What seems to be giving you issues when you test it in-game?

Thing is, there isnt a particular thing you are asking for assistance on from what I can tell. But yeah, IMO take some scenes that perform tasks similar to what you envision in yours, and adapt them to a custom scene, or just to have a reference for how to implement a certain component

• 3 weeks later...

Complex scene and encounter scripts can take hours and hours to write. Those touchups especially, after you setup a solid sequence and enter the "lets make this perfect" phase

What have you done so far? What seems to be giving you issues when you test it in-game?

Thing is, there isnt a particular thing you are asking for assistance on from what I can tell. But yeah, IMO take some scenes that perform tasks similar to what you envision in yours, and adapt them to a custom scene, or just to have a reference for how to implement a certain component

The scene that makes the most sense with this would be Miraak's. It has the same concept of hit a certain amount health, run away, call in goon, kill it, comes back and fights. that or that Gaulder bow guy from Lost Legends.