Best graphics card for modded FO4 on a budget?

blackhand8657

The previous post recommendation of an RTX 2060 for your desktop (I assume a desktop) should work, or find it's replacement the 2070. Unfortunately, the prices are insane on these cards due to a "shortage". You might get lucky and find a 2060, but if you can wait, the prices are bound to start going down after Christmas. Just a thought.

I don't see prices coming down for several months yet. Chip shortages, supply chain issues, port backups, etc, are all conspiring to make a lot of products hard to come by. Vid cards have been in short supply for more than a year now. I don't see that ending soon. Currently, where I work, NONE of our vendors have any vid cards at all.

Yea, the one I bought was kinda on impulse but also kindof dumb luck to find, of course it came from China.... not too crazy about that part but it is what it is

I got lucky. :) My boss owed me a favor for bailing him out, when we ran out of employees. :D So when we got some 3070's in, he sold me one for 400 bucks. Going from a 1060 to a 3070 was a MAJOR performance improvement. :D

The previous post recommendation of an RTX 2060 for your desktop (I assume a desktop) should work, or find it's replacement the 2070. Unfortunately, the prices are insane on these cards due to a "shortage". You might get lucky and find a 2060, but if you can wait, the prices are bound to start going down after Christmas. Just a thought.

I don't see prices coming down for several months yet. Chip shortages, supply chain issues, port backups, etc, are all conspiring to make a lot of products hard to come by. Vid cards have been in short supply for more than a year now. I don't see that ending soon. Currently, where I work, NONE of our vendors have any vid cards at all.

Yea, the one I bought was kinda on impulse but also kindof dumb luck to find, of course it came from China.... not too crazy about that part but it is what it is

I got lucky. :smile: My boss owed me a favor for bailing him out, when we ran out of employees. :D So when we got some 3070's in, he sold me one for 400 bucks. Going from a 1060 to a 3070 was a MAJOR performance improvement. :D

haha nice, well hopefully around tax return time i'll have enough to get a whole new rig all together

I got lucky. :smile: My boss owed me a favor for bailing him out, when we ran out of employees. :D So when we got some 3070's in, he sold me one for 400 bucks. Going from a 1060 to a 3070 was a MAJOR performance improvement. :D

haha nice, well hopefully around tax return time i'll have enough to get a whole new rig all together

One of my favorite times of year. :D I am thinking about a new monitor this tax season..... something in a 34 inch, 2K resolution flavor. That's about the biggest I can go on my current desk. :D

I might get a new monitor too, not sure yet. I've progressed pretty far into FO4 and the lag seems to be building up a bit, not sure if its from having a bunch of settlements or just from game progression but damn, my fps went down a bit last couple days

• 2 weeks later...
Sweet, I always wondered if something like that was possible. Awesomesauce :D its probably gonna be a few months before I can do that but its good to know these options and tools are available

If you go with a Samsung SSD they have their own cloning software. You have to search it out on their site but it's there. I upgraded from a generic 128gb to a 500gb 980 Evo and the cloning was SUPER easy. Depending on your SSD type though you'll need a usb adapter so you can hook the new drive up to do the clone, before removing/replacing the old one obviously. The bigger issue for me was determining compatibility with my motherboard since I was switching from a SATA to PCIE. The only other thing you may need to be careful of if your old drive is large is that the SSD doesn't overheat during the cloning process. I've seen some people complain about that but some adapters come with thermal pads.

• 3 weeks later...

MiniTools Partition Magic (I think it was) Free for personal use and easy. Recommend setting up RAID 0 if you can get it- you won't be sorry for having it. Zoom Zoom!

Can spec out TVs for monitors too, <3ms HDMI 2 and/or DP, w/ G-Sync on some 4ks in similar $ range these days.

HeyYou is right >30 FPS is acceptable for mostly technical reasons movies and animations are often 24 FPS Television 30 FPS you really don't/can't physically see more anyway only the game/device does (smoother).