Alduin's Rise

FennecFyre

The Argonian wasn't with the others, choosing not to witness the execution of the dragon. For a moment, he glared at Savari bitterly. She had declined to do it herself, as he hoped, but this alone was not enough to bring him solace. He might as well have been looking at a complete stranger.

When Sivari turned to them with her offer, he stepped forward rathet abruptly, "I'll do it!", letting the words fall out, angry and broken. He almost wished he hadn't. Collecting himself, Abdul strained to be calm, something which was new to him, "Aphina and I used to play pranks in the towns we visted. We pretended to be a whole variety of people and dressed to play our parts. Suffice to say, our acting landed us into a lot of trouble. Anyway, I can do it. If I am somebody that you wouldn't mind losing that is..." This part he directed rather cooly, crossing his arms suggestively before a careless shrug of his shoulders, "just saying."

He pulled a crate underneath him and sat, catching a glimpse of the bloody ballista. Gathering a splinter of wood dislodged during the attack, he carefully widdled it with his ponaird, watching the shavings disperse into the wind as he waited.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raj stood back as Bragol ended the dragons life. He smiled wickedly as he put his weight on the axe head. After the dead was done he returned to the Jazeera and took his place at the helm. They lifted off the earth and back into the sky, flying about fifty feet above the treeline with the wind at their backs. He stood with one hand on the wheel and another wrapped around a bottle of Stros M'kai rum which he drank idly, making course corrections as they went. He wiped his lips with his sleeve and spoke, the first words he spoke since they had departed.

"Riften may be easier ta' traverse if we go by the Ratway... We can set down in ta' lake, on the far side of da' island to hide our landing an' sail our way in. I have friends in ta' Thieve's Guild." He said as he latched the wheel and walked down the steps from the pilothouse and onto the wider deck.

Bragol came up from below decks with a variety of tools and some scrap dwemer metal. He began to replace the damaged parts on the ballista, grumbling as he did so.

Raj placed his freehand on the pommel of his scimitar, "Walkin' round ta' city dressed up like some tavern maid ain't gonna get us nowhere, our best bet is ta' stick low to 'ta ground, get our bearings and make our move, the Ratway is better." He added, speaking to Sivari.

• 3 weeks later...

(Hey guys, sorry for the stretch of silence. School has decided this will be a couple of kick-me-in-the-teeth weeks. Luckily, I have about four days to spring break, and I WILL post here!)

Edit: Okay here we go

Sivari blinked at Abdul's brusque tone, even more surprised at the fact that he wanted to help, despite their previous argument. "We shouldn't have to lose anyone," she said, perhaps a bit more spiteful than was necessary, "if everything goes to plan." Raj spoke, and her ears pricked up at the mention of the 'Ratway' and Thieve's Guild. "Good, they may be able to help us."

She sat down on a nearby barrel, outlining her idea. "As Raj says, we'll drop the ship out of the site of the city and approach on foot. Raj, you'll talk to your contacts. See if they know a way into the palace." She turned to Abdul. "When we get to the city, we'll find a tavern. You have a few drinks, then start acting up. Pick a fight with me. Break something. Create some sort of commotion that will bring in the Draugr guards. They'll haul you away, likely into the palace dungeon. Raj, we'll need one or two people inside the palace to tell us when Rahgot is planning to sacrifice him. We sneak into the chamber, and try to take him by surprise." Despite their conflict before, she worried about Abdul. "If you would rather me take the place of bait instead, Abdul, I understand."

Edited by FennecFyre

• 2 weeks later...

Abdul peeled the wood away rather violently, dwelling on unseen forces that troubled him deeply. Every shaving fell away with either rage or disillusionment. He couldn't even bear to look at Sivari as she spoke to him. It was as if his anger was a weight pressing upon his mind and this was why he couldn't turn his gaze. "Oh don't worry", he said rather indifferently, "If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get. You might actually prefer that I be drunk. It's hard to be believe, but I don't act as undignified." Abdul felt no compassion or mercy for Savari. Every insult was like poison as it lept from his mouth, burning with every word, and he wondered if she could feel it, if the Khajiit was hurting as much as he was. Each attack was just as devastating as the last and the Argonian weakened. His hand quivered as he continued, steadily losing his grip until the blade slipped and sunk into his hand. A spurt of crimson leaped forward onto his lap, but the Argonian wasn't even phased. He simply rose to his feet, almost dizzy as a sudden spell of weakness fell upon him. He felt as the Jazeera raced towards Riften, hurdling them towards whatever fate had intended for them. For all his years, Abdul was still the brash, arrogant, and unpredictable youth that he was the day that Sanguine appeared. Wisdom did nothing but keep him quiet. Keep him alone- lost from a world where he no longer belonged, but still lingered. With aging, things come and go. For people without a soul, Abdul knew, it was like time had ceased altogether. Where do they get to go? For the first time in his life, he felt the subtle pains of an elderly man in the body of youth. He faced the door to the crew's quarters, and finding sleep desirable, he made his departure slowly, "Riften is a city of change. Surely, we won't leave the same as when we entered it. I need time to prepare myself. Luckily, I have more than I know what to do with."

Edited by Keanumoreira

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Username: LynxMcPaws

Name: LynxMcPaws

Race: Khajiit

Personality: Likes to kill and steal things from people

Strengths: Strong, sneaky & always alert

Weakness: Someone else that has night vision and reveal his location in the shadows

Appearance: Wears full set of Blackguard Armor and has an Enhanced Crossbow and a Dagger

History: Was an orphan and then found by a group of bandits and lived and trained there. Then Lynx signed up to be a Thief in the Thieves Guild but was kicked out for killing people so now he lives his life as a Thief-Assassin ready to kill.