Texture-related mods causing the game to stall.

Ladymint

It doesn't look like anyone's had this specific problem but I'll try to explain it as best I can in hopes of finding a solution.

I've been playing DAI with mods for a while now using a fully updated version of Frosty. Everything has been working as it should, except that the mods I use that alter the visuals in some way seem to run into an issue eventually. What typically happens is that I will go into a specific area--The Crossroads during the Trespasser DLC, for example--and the game will sit on the black loading screen showing the Inquisition icon's animation in the lower right corner and not go anywhere after that. My computer clearly isn't loading the game when I look the light that indicates its processes. I have to use Task Manager to close the game and bring it up again.

So far I've found three mods that do this to me:

Concept Art-Inspired Solas

Solas - ATLA Sokka Hair - Nipuni Complexion for Frosty

Champagne and Truffles formal attire and dress for Frosty

It's driving me nuts because I have used the Concept Art Solas mod for multiple playthroughs and it worked just fine as long as I had Solas in the party. If I left him at Haven/Skyhold, the game would stall on the loading screen for certain areas like the Storm Coast or Forbidden Oasis.

The Sokka Hair mod seemed to do it regardless of whether or not he was in my party, so I ended up not using it for very long.

The formal attire mod frustrates me the most because I used it during my last playthrough and had no issues whatsoever. Used it during both visits to the Winter Palace. Now, for some reason, it hangs up my game when going to the Crossroads. I haven't downloaded any new files for it, and Frosty doesn't list any conflicts when I check the tab.

It seems like my game just wants to give up after a while when I use any mod that changes the visuals even a little. The only two I have left that seem okay are 1) a hair texture mod and 2) a mod for Blackwall so his beard and complexion look better. Both mods have given me no trouble whatsoever but now I'm afraid that it's only a matter of time before they run into this issue as well.

I've tried deleting the ModData folder to allow Frosty to rebuild itself. That hasn't helped. I'm playing DAI through Steam, though Frosty seems to look at Origin before it starts up the game through Steam's launcher. I'm hoping someone may be able to help me take a look at this issue. Here are some other mods I have that I've also been using for several runs:

CWTO - Complete War Table Operations
Increased Inventory Space
99 Healing Potions
Cheaticians' Accessories
Companion Approval
Collectable Map Pins (BETA)
Hair Retexture
No More Paraphrasing
No More Paraphrasing (strings)
No Perk Requirements
Radius_15 by Jennica
Blackwall Beard and Complexion Edit
There are others that are only turned on during specific parts of the game but they are not turned on now. My graphics are also turned up to ultra since I have a GeForce GTX 1660 card that has updated drivers.

Frosty formalwear retextures are known to bug out, it's a very common issue. Certain texture files just do that when replaced with frosty. And sometimes it can be hard to narrow down a mod causing issue because some mods behave just fine in some areas but misbehave in others.

If it's formalwear causing the issue, you could try loading it with the file "DAI Formal WEWH Frosty Texture Glitch Fix" from the frosty texture glitch fixes mod. You will need the alpha version of frosty mod manager from the announcements section of the frosty discord in order to use it.

For the Solas Sokka hair, was your issue with the forbidden oasis only? I saw your bug report on the mod page. It's not the hair that's causing it, it's one of the required files for it - the hair replacer bundle file - which tells the hair to actually load. You can swap the hair replacer bundle file out for the chargen bundle file from the optional files of this mod to remedy that issue.

Not sure why concept art-inspired Solas would cause that, though, maybe it's the body-skintint edit? Sometimes frosty skintint mods can misbehave. If it is, the chargen bundle file should also remedy that.