Now Taking Compatibility Patch Requests

mhahn123

Castle of Night, the mod which added A Castlevania clone to the Jerral mountains is inconpatible (Well it actually works and doesn't crash the game, but anyway)with Werewolf Legends of the North and the Midas Magic Balrog dungeon.

Basically the castle is placed in the same area as the Midas Balrog dungeon on top of it, and the Inconpatibility with Legends of the north is that this is the area is where the abandoned house is with all the corpses and the lyconthoropus is.

Basically, I need someone to move the cave away from the castle and to place the House corpses, and other clutter from the Legends of the north mod near the dip where the Bridge to the Castle of Night is located.

Sadly, I do not have these mods installed right now so I cannot take screenshots, but my description is pretty much what the problems are.

Ok I used Midas enough to know the area around the Balrog Dungeon entrance. What you described doesn't sound too challenging but multi mod patches sometimes have hidden surprises. I'll try to get a look at this combo in my free time tomorrow evening and let you know what I find.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello ElderScrollsFan,

Quick response before I head off to work this morning.

1. Regarding the Kvatch Rebuilt patch...last I heard the file was unavailable for this as the author had it hidden. No time to check right now...but if I can't get a file to work with, no hope for doing a patch.

2. Regarding Reclaiming Sancre Tor patch. Have you contacted the mod author regarding the conflict and if so was there a response? I am very hesitant to have anything to do with that mod......already had one bad experience with the author. I am willing to do it so long as the author isn't opposed to someone else making a patch. But you will need to find that out ahead of time.

I ment ImpeReals http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/37867//? mod, not the Dragon Captions, wich isnt as good in my opinion.

With Silent Residents mod, there should be just a farm to be relocated not massive Areas. the Dragon Captions mod uses mixmatched City Tilesets, the real Sutch wouldnt look like that.

thanks,

Hagen

OK so I loaded the two up and took a closer look this evening. for the most part you are right. One farm has to be entirely relocated, which involves a good deal of landscaping no matter where it goes. Another...one with the cow pen...needs some landscape tweaking and moving some of the fencing. Need to relocate the patrol guards and x marker. Redo quite a few path grids. Biggest issue is the sutch faction. Both mods used exactly the same name for their npc faction. It's still much more workable than the other city though. I'll start mapping out changes tomorrow evening and consult a few experts on what to do with the faction issue. But won't take more than two nights once I get started.

Brief update: Already started on the patch earlier this evening. Have the farm and crops fully relocated and about 99% landscaped in, path to main road done. Re-worked fencing on the cow pen so there was room for a path leading into city gates. Relocated the southern patrol guards and x marker. Still need some more landscaping in a few areas, good deal of landscape textures around the castle that sutch village overwrites since it is dominant in load order, and a good deal of re-working path grids. Going to call it quits for tonight. Maybe one more evening, two at the most and it will be ready for testing.

Edited by mhahn123

Castle of Night, the mod which added A Castlevania clone to the Jerral mountains is inconpatible (Well it actually works and doesn't crash the game, but anyway)with Werewolf Legends of the North and the Midas Magic Balrog dungeon.

Basically the castle is placed in the same area as the Midas Balrog dungeon on top of it, and the Inconpatibility with Legends of the north is that this is the area is where the abandoned house is with all the corpses and the lyconthoropus is.

Basically, I need someone to move the cave away from the castle and to place the House corpses, and other clutter from the Legends of the north mod near the dip where the Bridge to the Castle of Night is located.

Sadly, I do not have these mods installed right now so I cannot take screenshots, but my description is pretty much what the problems are.

Ok I used Midas enough to know the area around the Balrog Dungeon entrance. What you described doesn't sound too challenging but multi mod patches sometimes have hidden surprises. I'll try to get a look at this combo in my free time tomorrow evening and let you know what I find.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Now I'm confused with this request. When I did a search to DL Castle of Night there is already an existing patch file, uploaded by you, that appears to fix the problems you described above. So I guess my next question is, what exactly do want me to do that you haven't already done?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Now I'm confused with this request. When I did a search to DL Castle of Night there is already an existing patch file, uploaded by you, that appears to fix the problems you described above. So I guess my next question is, what exactly do want me to do that you haven't already done?

Oh, right, that. Pay no heed to It, it's buggy as hell and I made it ages ago an a terrivle ancient computer and it isn't really what I'd call a proper patch anyhow. You seem to have experience in properly doing this sort of thing, so just use the screenshots from what you found as a basic guide.

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/5367//?

Besides, I'm pretty sure I broke something with that .esp

So yeah, pretty much what I requested, but done to a better standard.

Edited by Death lok

@ Death lok,

Ok that makes sense. Once I finish up the Sutch patch I'll get started on this one for you.

@ HagenTronje:

FYI that your patch request for Sutch Village and ImpeREAL City of Sutch is complete. I have posted messages with both mod authors requesting permissions. Once I have responses from both the file will be uploaded for use.

regards,

M Hahn

Hello ElderScrollsFan,

1. Regarding the Kvatch Rebuilt patch...last I heard the file was unavailable for this as the author had it hidden. No time to check right now...but if I can't get a file to work with, no hope for doing a patch.

2. Regarding Reclaiming Sancre Tor patch. Have you contacted the mod author regarding the conflict and if so was there a response? I am very hesitant to have anything to do with that mod......already had one bad experience with the author. I am willing to do it so long as the author isn't opposed to someone else making a patch. But you will need to find that out ahead of time.

I'll see what i can do

Edited by ElderScrollsFan001

Hello ElderScrollsFan,

I'll see what i can do

Ok and just to confirm...Kvatch Rebuilt is set to hidden right now. The German version is still available but I'm not sure how well making a patch based off of that would work.