The Past of Rune

Ashtolith

The Norse Rune idea is interesting, but maybe instead make him the son of a viking? And he wound up washed up after a horrible accident to his families ship leaving him the only survivor? The mod could involve the player hunting down sold shipwrecked items and decorative pieces from the crashed ship and checking and digging at shores for more bit, piecing them together to discover his past. possible treasure maps and interrogations or books? Similar to the dark elf who you throw in prison to join the guild?

• 9 months later...

I am necroing this. Why? because currently, I am playing a particular build and a mod like this would be handy.

Backstory:

I am playing a high born elf named Elia and her backstory revolves around going from beggar (using Alt Start) to becoming quite rich due to being a successful thief with the Thieves guild. She ends up falling for Rune, and in turn, wants to marry him and help find out who his parents actually were.

I would love a mod that brings a backstory to this interesting background NPC. :D

So, I am hoping me necroing this thread might bump it and catch the eye of a modder needing new ideas !

i would love this as well! was gonna use your Brynjolf has Time for You mod and one for Rune would be fantastic as well. any more word on this???

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There's already supported theories on Rune's backstory with evidence. Don't know why it hasn't been mentioned here. Something to do with Rune's father may have been a Thieve's Guild leader or at least owned the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, because the verbatim effect of the Gray Cowl is that it 'erases people from history'.