couple issues with my settlement need advice on

bud9961

ok so i made an interior settlement and after alot of work i finally have it all working great, besides 2 issues, 1st one is on beds the settlers just wont sleep in them they show as assigned auto and they show as available on workshop top bar. i set them up the same way i always do in exterior cells. so im thinking its not the beds they wont even sleep in ones i place in game through the workshop. they do their daily routine farming then at 7pm or so they stop gardening like they should then go to bar or weight machines as usually then at like 10-11pm when they should go to beds they just stand wherever they are till morning and then go back to work gardening, im not sure if could be a faction problem or not any advice what files to look at?

2nd issue is i assign supply routes and they work great guy shows up from other settlement and walks once around mansion and leaves and i can use the materials from other settlements and all works great except if click map in pipboy and click show supply lines it doesnt show line to settlement or even the settlement icon, is that a pipboy file that has to be modded? is there a file that list all settlements to show when you click show supply lines? besides that it all functions great .

both seem to be fairly minor problems so im hoping can get this solved to release my mod i have alot of time invested. thanks for any advice

1. Do the beds show up properly in the settlement stats?

2. Which beds did you use? Do the beds have the right keywords for the npcs to use them?

3. Have you properly navmeshed the area?

4. Are they NPCs placed by had via the CK? Do they have a AI sleep package? Do they know where and when to sleep?

1. Do the beds show up properly in the settlement stats?

2. Which beds did you use? Do the beds have the right keywords for the npcs to use them?

3. Have you properly navmeshed the area?

4. Are they NPCs placed by had via the CK? Do they have a AI sleep package? Do they know where and when to sleep?

yes the beds show up fine in the settlements stats, i tried all the beds none work and i have keyword linked ref "workshopitemkeyword" but like i said even if i place a bed in game they wont use. the area is fully navmeshed with no errors i can tell them to move right next to bed with no probs, they are npcs that came via recruitment radio tower and showed up, they know when to sleep they just freeze in place when its that time till morning when they go back to work

Edited by bud9961

Some beds have the Bed actor value to count as a bed but they do not have the idle markers or attach points to actually use.

Vanilla bunk beds be like that.

Quick way to test is a script: save, compile then console in game [ cgf "TestScript.TestBed" actorID bedID ]

Script TestScript

Function TestBed (ObjectReference ThisActor, ObjectReference ThisBed) Global

If (ThisActor != none) && (ThisBed != None)
   (ThisActor as Actor).SnapIntoInteraction(MyBed)
EndIf

EndFunction 

Some beds have the Bed actor value to count as a bed but they do not have the idle markers or attach points to actually use.

Vanilla bunk beds be like that.

Quick way to test is a script: save, compile then console in game [ cgf "TestScript.TestBed" actorID bedID ]

Script TestScript

Function TestBed (ObjectReference ThisActor, ObjectReference ThisBed) Global

If (ThisActor != none) && (ThisBed != None)
   (ThisActor as Actor).SnapIntoInteraction(MyBed)
EndIf

EndFunction 

the prob is i put a duplicate of the bed at red rocket and sanc and they use it there so it cant be the bed. in the tutorial on setting up they are using the same box for sandbox as owned trigger and i noticed on other settlements they have separate, could that be the prob? also the only mention anywhere in my settlement of factions is when click edit on cell and go to interior data on owner faction its set on player faction, i noticed on vanilla stuff thats usually set on none. also i noticed the vanilla ones also use border markers and i dont have any, are those not needed on interior settlements? would be nice if just had another interior settlement to look at, the only one i know of is vault 88 and its just too bloated to see what i need with all the quest and cells it has going on

Edited by bud9961

Have you run SKK Workshop Ownership Utilities to ensure no setup issue?

ok so i ran it and it said it found 2 errors on keywords this is the log but im thinking its false errors as its an interior settlement it doesnt have a map marker in cell because its on ext cell and the settlers and supply lines get there no prob. and on the other error i have attacks turned off so dont have edge markers or markers for attacks maybe you guys can see a prob in the log im not seeing, the other two test showed no errors

[11/22/2021 - 07:40:48PM] SKK_WUTestWorkshopKeywordsScript,[workshopscript < (0F0228EF)>],[Cell <SurvivorsMansionInt (0F022729)>],ERROR WorkshopParent registered workshop has no MapMarker

[11/22/2021 - 07:40:48PM] SKK_WUTestWorkshopKeywordsScript,[workshopscript < (0F0228EF)>],[Cell <SurvivorsMansionInt (0F022729)>],ERROR WorkshopParentRegistered Workshop Location [Location < (0F020A3C)>] missing LocationRefType MapMarkerRefType (fundamental error).

[11/22/2021 - 07:40:48PM] SKK_WUTestWorkshopKeywordsScript,[workshopscript < (0F0228EF)>],[Cell <SurvivorsMansionInt (0F022729)>],WARNING WorkshopParentRegistered Workshop Location [Location < (0F020A3C)>] missing LocationRefType LocationEdgeMarker (Quests may not pick this workshop).

[11/22/2021 - 07:40:48PM] SKK_WUTestWorkshopKeywordsScript,[workshopscript < (0F0228EF)>],[Cell <SurvivorsMansionInt (0F022729)>],WARNING: WorkshopParentRegistered workshop has no WorkshopLinkAttackMarkers connected to WorkshopLinkCenter [ObjectReference < (0F03994A)>] Attacks may not be able to spawn actors.

[11/22/2021 - 07:40:48PM] SKK_WUTestWorkshopKeywordsScript,[workshopscript < (0F0228EF)>],[Cell <SurvivorsMansionInt (0F022729)>],Notification: An interior workshop is registered with WorkshopParent.

[11/22/2021 - 07:40:57PM] Log closed

update: im so happy omg check this out https://ibb.co/bWpr4t7

it turns out it was as simple as setting the ownership to none and i deleted the sandbox and player owned marker that were merged and made seperate for each. after weeks of messing with *bangs head i still have the issue that it doesnt draw lines on supply route on the map but they work and i can live with that but if anyone has fix for that let me know

for anyone interested heres a link for my finished mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/55989

Edited by bud9961

Some beds (vault beds especially )dont have the needed keywords or the workshop object script.. Look at a working bed and copy the needed keywords and settings..

For the bunks you have to add the second marker and adjust it if it doesnt have one.. Also fix the counts as 2 beds etc... For the total bed count to be correct.

I do this all the time and even have to edit the single vault beds or make a duplicate of a single workshop bed and simply swap the nif with the clean vault bed...

trh

update: im so happy omg check this out https://ibb.co/bWpr4t7

it turns out it was as simple as setting the ownership to none and i deleted the sandbox and player owned marker that were merged and made seperate for each. after weeks of messing with *bangs head i still have the issue that it doesnt draw lines on supply route on the map but they work and i can live with that but if anyone has fix for that let me know

The only marker/box that you can merge/use one of is the primitive and sandbox.... The setowned trigger box is a separate trigger for the workshop ownership...