• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

bigyeetman

bigyeetman

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I am trying to make a projectile for the Broadsider that is the regular cannonball projectile with the Junk Jet electricity effect that you get when you put the electification module on. I can only get either the cannonball projectile or the JunkJetShockFXS at one time. I'll also want to eventually put the fire effect on it.

robotized

robotized

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 871 posts

What kind of help do you need? Can you create all the necessary forms/records in a plugin? If it's just the projectile model, then you have to use NifSkope. Open the CannonBall.nif and the JunkJetShockFXS.nif. From JunkJetShockFXS.nif, right click on the NiNode and press Block->Copy Branch. In CannonBall.nif right click on the NiNode and press Block->Paste Branch. Then Save As new nif file, for example: CannonBallShockFX.nif. Put it inside folder Ammo\CannonBall\. Use original Broadsider projectile to copy from and create new form in your plugin. Replace the Model for this projectile with the new one: Ammo\CannonBall\CannonBallShockFX.nif.

bigyeetman

bigyeetman

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

What kind of help do you need? Can you create all the necessary forms/records in a plugin? If it's just the projectile model, then you have to use NifSkope. Open the CannonBall.nif and the JunkJetShockFXS.nif. From JunkJetShockFXS.nif, right click on the NiNode and press Block->Copy Branch. In CannonBall.nif right click on the NiNode and press Block->Paste Branch. Then Save As new nif file, for example: CannonBallShockFX.nif. Put it inside folder Ammo\CannonBall\. Use original Broadsider projectile to copy from and create new form in your plugin. Replace the Model for this projectile with the new one: Ammo\CannonBall\CannonBallShockFX.nif.

Already tried it, all you get in game is the CannonBall.nif projectile.

bigyeetman

bigyeetman

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Edit: It randomly decided to work, thanks.

robotized

robotized

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 871 posts

It shouldn't randomly decide to work. I tested what I described, it worked right off the bat, that's why I replied with a solution. Hm... well, hopefully it keeps working.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: creation kit, ck, projectile, broadsider

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.069 seconds