8 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472,400 posts
Getting Fallout New Vegas running on windows 10

The struggle is real. The solution is i.

Radioactivelad

Radioactivelad

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
Stutter remover is insanely dated (NVTF should be used) and I think your system has bigger problems if running New Vegas was that much of a hassle. New Vegas never had the issues with W10 that Fallout 3 did, and the only one it did have was actually caused by the Stutter Remover.

Edited by Radioactivelad, 22 November 2021 - 11:35 PM.

Prorok97

Prorok97

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
Man this video feels like it's from 2014 lmao

Spytonzero

Spytonzero

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
In response to post #102055323.

Spoiler

Maybe NVTF can also work. Decent alternative for many people. I appreciate you offering your input on that and it probably is better for a lot of people. It did not fix my problems when I tried it, in fact I have it disabled in my modlist as I did try it. I am fine with the suggestion that people can interchange them.

?However you are wrong with the "I think your system has bigger problems". Hardware can make a big difference(in my experience) on whether a game can run, Perhaps you are running some 2008-2012ish hardware or something that is Nicely compatible that had been optimized for New Vegas. Other people may be using Older or Newer stuff that just was not designed for that program. It turns out my computer that I built right before I made this video was not optimized for a literally 12 year old game. Please do not make silly unfounded assumptions that something is wrong with my System(or the people's systems who have been helped by this video.)

Radioactivelad

Radioactivelad

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
In response to post #102055323. #102372928 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

"Please do not make silly unfounded assumptions"
Take your own advice.

It's a matter of fact that NVSR causes crashes on Windows 10 unless you disable one of its big ticket features. NVTF is a plainly better solution for everything NVSR did as it does everything it did without the issues on W10. Your system you boast so much about would only make better use of it. If you feel "modernity" is such a key aspect, consider NVTF was made in large part to address problems that NVSR had with modern systems, as well as things it didn't do so well to begin with. If it "didn't work" you simply did not install it correctly or followed its instructions.

There is no such thing as your "computer being unoptimized for a literally 12 year old game." We're not in the 80s manually adjusting clock speeds, or the 90s and early 2000s dealing with software-renderering. D3D9 and the new vegas exe doesn't care how old or new your hardware is. There is no magic "compatibility" difference between how a 4790k and a i9-9900 interact with this game.

Edited by Radioactivelad, 01 December 2021 - 03:37 AM.

Spytonzero

Spytonzero

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
In response to post #102055323. #102372928, #102374903 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

?I made no assumptions, in fact Everything I said I worded in a way to be a hypothetical possibility. The hard statement I made was that My System is perfectly fine.

As for "There is no such thing as your "computer being unoptimized for a literally 12 year old game."
?You want to tell me, that new computer hardware production companies are making decisions solely on how well it can run games from 2010? There are games that do not run on new hardware without some work put into it and for a quick example, New Vegas has this issue for me and many other people. The fact is that we usually fix hardware problems for games with Software updates or changes. People literally have businesses based around it.
?So yes New computers are not optimized for older games. Whether it be Hardware issues, Software issues, or a mix of both, there is no shortage of games that need work/help/or flat out emulation of another system to run on new computers.

I am not caught up on "Modernity" I am caught up on what worked to get the game actually running.
I did not boast about my system I raised a point as to why I am having this problem but others may not be.

As for NVSR vs NVTF. I did not disagree with anything you said. I will now add that NVSR did not cause my computer A W10 operating computer to crash the game in the so many hours I have played Thus making your "FACT" that it causes crashes null and moot for me as I changed nothing in its files. Contrary to that NVTF either did cause a consistent crash, or did not solve my problem, thus why I have it uninstalled. The only reason you are reiterating it that I can see is that you are trying to start a fight over a non-existent issue Or you have some unseen dog in this race to get me to use NVTF. Had you just left it as is, people would have undoubtedly taken the idea that if NVSR did not work that they should try NVTF or vice versa and I still support that idea.
-Also my computer is perfectly fine and you are wrong on the assumption that it is not.

Radioactivelad

Radioactivelad

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
In response to post #102055323. #102372928, #102374903, #102383143 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

What you said is no more or less "hypothetical" than what I said.

It's called standardization. Hardware production companies don't need to make "decisions" about how they make their hardware because of how games have been made for the last 19 years (D3D9 came out in 2002). The phenomena of older games running badly, inaccurately, or not at all on contemporary hardware is not an unknown: But that's because they're using dated proprietary renderers like Glide3d that have to be emulated by modern systems, not because you're using a 2020 Gpu that supports D3D9 on a 2011 game that runs on D3D9. Maybe in another 30 years D3D9 will  no longer supported by contemporary hardware, but presently you're thinking with plainly wrong information.

NVSR doesn't cause your game to crash because you're not using one of the bigger features of it that reduces stuttering. It's not an unknown why NVSR causes crashing on W10, it's an exact setting that has to be at 0 or else your game will frequently crash when the game loads a new cell. This, in spite of how many quotation marks you want to put in, is in fact, a fact. It's called LightCriticalSections or something if you want to try it out yourself.

Likewise, NVTF would only be crashing your game because of an unrelated issue, either with you how installed it, or theoretically an underlying problem with your system/settings. It obviously does not cause everyone else's game to crash as well: your experience is an outlier, and I would encourage you to figure out what the cause of that is for your own benefit

Back on topic: The problem with having to disable that setting in NVSR is it fixed a very noticeable stutter that happens when loading new cells. I'm not going to argue with you if you want to say "I don't get that stutter!". It exists. It's why that setting in NVSR exists, and it's a big part of why NVTF is better in ways an end user can appreciate.

Furthermore, ENBoost is similary dated compared to Heap Replacer, but I haven't brought that up because the difference is relatively harmless, even though it is better in every way.

My so called "dog in this race" is that I'm telling you there are better solutions to these problems available and that you shouldn't be dismissive of things under the guise that nothing could *possibly* be wrong on your end. I worked in Tech Support for years; I have zero trust in someone saying "everything is fine on my end" from first-hand experience of everything never being fine. Otherwise they wouldn't have issues.
(And I have a pet peeve with people spouting dated if not inaccurate advice.)

Edited by Radioactivelad, 01 December 2021 - 06:00 PM.

Spytonzero

Spytonzero

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
In response to post #102055323. #102372928, #102374903, #102383143, #102395123 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Damn I came back after months to help some one by giving them the direct link to NVTF, And you went and gone full crazy by posting again bro. Seek help. What the hell is wrong with you.

Radioactivelad

Radioactivelad

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
In response to post #102055323. #102372928, #102374903, #102383143, #102395123, #111242398 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

So you respond to a sixth-month old comment to tell me you're still mad that you were giving bad advice.

There was no need to pollute my inbox with your drivel. So as before, follow your own advice. If you want to continue s***ing yourself, you can whine at this comment which I won't be notified about, because I'm blocking you. (Being a spiteful c*** is a character flaw of mine, but at least I can admit that.)

Edited by Radioactivelad, 01 July 2022 - 09:51 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.905 seconds