[LE] Attempted Winterhold Mod

SapiensUrsus

Hello! I am attempting to make a vanilla-esque mod for Winterhold that adds several generic npcs and businesses. Currently I have only a blacksmith, and his wife as a maid for the Jarl. I have had no issue scripting the wife; She operates as intended. I cannot, however, seem to get the smith to leave his house. I am a little at my wit's end after several hours, and was hoping someone here would know more than me. Forgive my ignorance, as I have only recently delved into modding. I will include a rar of the esp file, and appreciate any future assistance.

The first thing I noticed is you've altered default vanilla AI packages to add to your NPC's. This is a bad, bad idea. One of those packages will have over 100 NPC's that use it come to your house to sleep! :laugh: Always create unique custom AI packages. You can use the default ones as a template but give it a new ID so you can customize it to suit your own needs.

As for why the blacksmith doesn't leave the house, couldn't tell you. I can't load the mod in my game as it's in SE format (you're asking for help in the LE forum so I assumed it was LE, the only reason I downloaded it) so I can only comment on what I see in xEdit. Is your house fully navmeshed? Finalized with no errors? Is the exterior navmeshed to your door and finalized with no errors? NPC's need clean navmesh to move about. Is the reference that's outside where he's supposed to go set as owned by him or his faction?