Baldur's Gate 2 on Nexus website but game not in Vortex?

LoneSilverWolf
Go to solution Solved by Guest deleted34304850,

I cannot find anything about this. Most I can find is if you can't find a game when you scan, you can manually add it by clicking the game title in Vortex.

So here's the thing. I have Baldur's Gate 2 (enhanced edition) via GOG. There are mods for BG2 on the Nexus website, quite a lot of them. But the game is *not* on the game list in the Vortex Mod Manager. Is there something I need to do, in order to be able to mod it?

Help with this would be much appreciated.

• Solution
Guest deleted34304850

vortex doesn't support all games but it is customisable and if you're so inclined, you can make an extension to provide game support.

vortex doesn't support all games but it is customisable and if you're so inclined, you can make an extension to provide game support.

Wait, so even if the game is on the Nexus website, it might not be supported by Vortex itself?

I always just assumed if it was on the site, it would be available via Vortex as well :o

Hosting mods is easy. In order to have them supported by Vortex there has to be some consistency in how the mods are packaged and how they are installed/uninstalled and that information needs to be documented so that the extension can be built to suit. Games that don't officially support mods often lack that info unless the mod community creates it themselves.

Guest deleted34304850

Wait, so even if the game is on the Nexus website, it might not be supported by Vortex itself?

I always just assumed if it was on the site, it would be available via Vortex as well :o

yeah, that's assumptions for you.