Skyrim: Medieval Modification.

Hardwaremaster

Hello everyone, not sure where this topic should go, as its not really a request as its more of a concept. By all means, if a moderator feels the need, please, move it to a more appropriate section. So I've been playing Crusader Kings II for a couple of weeks now. And I came to realize out of all the modifications for this game. The one that is basically none existent is a Medieval Style Conversion Mod. What I mean by that is something to make it look and feel like the Medieval Europe around the War of the Roses time frame. Now, in Crusader Kings II there is a mod for the Elder Scrolls, its still in beta however, and in this mod. Skyrim is, obviously, ruled by the Highking who has Jarls as vassals, which means they are pretty much Norse Earls or Dukes. Which have a standard design of Tabards, Surcoats, Harbruk, Gambersons, Plate, Mail, etc. But in Crusader Kings II this is only a King Tier Title, meaning it can be a vassal of an Empire, which is why this game is awesome, anyway, that would explain how come Cyrodiil rules over a King because an Emperor is a higher Tier Title. This is where is gets interesting, the Cyrodiil Empire is actually a vassal to a much larger empire, the Aldmeri Dominion after it conquered it, which explains a lot if you think about the situation. :wink:

And I got to thinking, how hard, would it be to create such a mod, with there being tons of Realistic and Fantasy Armour's already created and available on the Nexus. The only problem of course, would be able to get permission, and maybe material and time for stuff that doesn't already exist, which is why, I would have done it myself, but I stay so busy, plus I don't have the skill for large projects, which is why for the life of me, I cant figure out where you guys get the time. Anyway my guess is you would mostly be doing reskins. :smile:

It would be cool to completely replace the all Hold Guards Armour, with actual Medieval or Realistic Armour. Then totally replace the Imperial Legions Armour, with something suitable for an Empire like Cyrodiil, such as the Holy Roman Empire, and England or France. Finally you could take the Elven Armour, and Fantasy Armour, and make it look like the Bosmer Elven Armour's grittiness with the appropriate colored Heraldry for each faction. Maybe something could eventually even be done about the Bandits Armour and Weapons as well. :happy:

That's the one thing that's always bugged me about the Elder Scrolls, series, is how it appears to be set in the Dark Ages: 300-1000 AD. :laugh:

There have been a few mods, I've found on the Nexus, that have attempted this with limited to no success. With them ending up dead, abandoned, with some users banned for a reasons I cant recall. And I'm wondering why, considering, that most other mods on the Nexus are theoretically more complex, and time consuming such as the Helgen Reborn Mod, and countless other setups. :thumbsup:

So my question is why hasn't this been done already, considering some of the other, mods around here?

Edited by Hardwaremaster

Credo was meant to be such a mod, which would convert the armors of the game to more familiar medieval fare. But then it ground to a halt, as modders all have their own busy life styles. It's why so few large collaborations are ever finished. I'd encourage you to wait for this french mod to be finished.

Edited by Kraeten