Cleaning Up Bodyslide Files?

ZodiacBlack

Most of the mods I have contain multiple body types, but I exclusively use 3BA. Is there a safe way to declutter all the other files? I don't just mean a dozen or so... I mean a little over 3000. I wish I wasn't joking about that number. Any bit of help will be greatly appreciated, I really need to clean up my folders.

Yes, you can clean up bodyslide files.

Start with the ShapeData folder. It contains folders for each bodyslide project you have installed. Hopefully mod authors have named them in a way that's easily distinguishable between body types - i.e; ArmorX 3BA, ArmorX CBBE, ArmorX BHUNP. Delete anything that's labeled other than 3BA.

If a folder just has a generic name - i.e; ArmorX, look inside that folder. There will either be additional folders for each body type that you can prune, or a bunch of files. Keep in mind that each bodyslide project is comprised of a .nif file and an .osd file, they go together. Hopefully mod authors have named the files in a way that's easily distinguishable between body types - i.e; ArmorXCuirass 3BA.nif, ArmorXCuirass 3BA.osd, ArmorXCuirass CBBE.nif, ArmorXCuirass CBBE.osd, etc. Again, delete anything that's not 3BA.

I don't recommend touching any of the other bodyslide folders.