How to install a lot of mods ?

vicvicraft

Hi everyone, Can you explain me the best way to install over 100 Skyrim mods.

What is the best mod manager ? Should I use ModOrganizer ? NMM ? Wrye Bash ?

In which order sould I install mods ?

I have found the S.T.E.P project but it doesn't explain how to install them.

Thanks

Yeah....unless you are reinstalling a list of mods you have previously tested, the worst thing you can do to wreck the stability of your Skyrim setup is to install 100 mods at once, no matter what any guide tells you. What I highly recommend, is that you install mods one at a time or a few at a time, and test those mods in game before you decide to 'keep them.' Grow your list slowly, not exponential, unless you want to spend more time bug-tracking and troubleshooting than actually playing.

MO is the best mod manager of the lot, for no other reason than it does not clutter the default game data folder and allows you to easily change the 'installation order' of mods -after- you have installed them. There is a learning curve to MO, however, and even some veteran mod users have been boggled for certain steps. However, once you learn how to use it properly, you will find that it is a very powerful tool.

NMM has come a long way from it's early days is now a reliable mod manager. You can also use Wrye Bash/BAINS to install mods. Whatever you do, just make sure you are using only one mod manager to exclusively handle mod un/installation. Avoid the Steam Workshop, which is not a 'mod manager.'

Edited by ripple

• 2 years later...

MO has the install from archive option if you still have your mods saved somewhere, if not you'll have to download them individually (might not be a bad thing as you may get updated/better versions) ... took me a couple of weeks last time I did it, the downloads themselves were pretty quick (with a few exceptions).