trouble combining meshes- not showing up ingame, no tutorials have helped

I'm basically trying to create a mesh of a sabrecat with a sword sticking through it (its for a necromancer character premise thing dont worry about it). Everything looks alright in nifskope, but the sword does not appear on the model ingame.

every single tutorial i can find on merging meshes in nifskope talks about going to BSDismemberSkinInstance> partitions, and making sure the body part number (under block details) matches. Neither the sabrecat mesh nor the sword mesh has BSDismemberSkinInstance, so I can't do this obviously. I know for a fact that I'm not just missing it because I am able to find this option in clothing meshes. It seems like that step or an equivalent version is what I'm missing, but I have no idea how to do it, or even if what I'm trying to do is possible (since the sabrecat is an actor and not a static model).

Here's the sword's nodes, no BSDismemberSkinInstance

Here's some of the sabrecat's nodes, I noticed theres some partition related options but nothing analogous to the sword and no "body part" option under block details.

To be clear, I have followed this tutorial as well as looked for anything else that could possibly help me and it does not cover the issues I'm having.

It wont let me attach the file (not sure what file types are accepted) but the base meshes im using are just the vanilla sabrecat.nif and longsword.nif, can provide more info if necessary. I'm also pretty much a novice in terms of nifskope. If anyone knows the solution, I would really appreciate having it be explained thoroughly so I can learn.

A skinned mesh (sabre cat) and a static mesh (sword) cannot be combined together without the final version either being all skinned or all static.

You cannot skin a mesh in Nifskope. You'll need a 3D editing program like Blender or 3DS Max (or Outfit Studio) to skin/rig/weight the sword to the sabre cat model if you intend for the creature to still remain a creature.

Also, a BSDismemberSkinInstance and a NiSkinInstance are the same thing. The BSDismemberSkinInstance defines body slots in the nif and esp (typical for armor), the NiSkinInstance is only defined in the esp (typical for creatures). Once you skin the sword into the sabre cat mesh it will have a BSDismemberSkinInstance. You can convert that to a NiSkinInstance in Nifskope (by right clicking).