Imperial Jail Crash

QuintusLucius

Hello, so I have Oblivion for PS3 and for my PC. Sadly I can only play the PC version on the weekends because of my parents (Divorced).

So when I start the game it runs fine, when I go to the door and speak to the Dark Elf (I forgot his name) the game like Freezes and I have to restart and it happends again. I have no older save. Please help.

If you are talking about a PS3 game I cannot help you, but if you are talking about a PC game, please post your load order here. Do not post a screenshot, but a proper load order taken from Wrye Bash preferably, as it contains crucial troubleshooting information.

Pretty sure this is PC since it's a common "bug" that happens when you use a custom race. This should be fixed if you use the Unofficial Oblivion Patch here on the Nexus.

The common 'bug' that the custom race fix addresses is not a game freeze. It simply results in Valen Dreth not recognising the 'alien' race. Since his response is dependent on (known) race, he refuses to initiate conversation to progress the tutorial quest.