Skyrim AE section or Tag system?

Deleted54892532User

The AE Update seems to be almost as significant as the Special Edition update, or at least somewhere in the middle, in how it's impacting mods.

I cannot trust any mods that rely on things such as Access Library, Papyrus, etc, as it's a confusing jumble of the dependency mod needing to be updated while others require the mod requiring the dependency to be updated, most of which wont be.

It would be highly beneficial if there could be an "AE +" and/or "AE X" tag "AE Compatible" "AE Incompatible", depending on how you want to approach it, to mark mods as being incompatible or compatible with AE. I don't mean ALL mods, but mods that would be effected. I imagine marking incompatible mods would be the most efficient.

A bot could skim through to apply such a tag to mods that have certain dependencies that are checked to have not been updated yet, and the mod author can manually disable it or add an "AE" or "AE Compatible" tag.

A normal tag would be easy to miss or overlook, I imagine some people don't even notice tags, so what I imagine when I say a tag is that an icon appears in the title, but just a normal tag would still help. \

Similarly when I say section I mean more of a repository to focus on the affected mods to collect the mods that have these requirements, that work for AE. But that's not as ideal as using tags and I imagine it could cause confusion.

Until then, or until waiting for who knows how long, I find that I automatically click away from any mod that has these requirements except a few that seem to be actively updating and are more important / core to the game such as Racemenu.

Edited by Guest

You can see a list of compatibility for SKSE plugins on the wiki page here: https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins

Personally, I don't think it needs a tag "AE" is just another update to Skyrim SE. A bigger update yes, but hopefully things will catch up to the latest version over the next few weeks/months.

I'm new in modding.

Should I clean (quick auto clean with Xedit) skyrim anniversary edition new CC content?

Loot told me to clean the new DLC content but i'm not sure I need to. Here's a list :

ccasvsse001-almsivi.esm ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm ccbgssse003-zombies.esl ccbgssse004-ruinsedge.esl ccbgssse005-goldbrand.esl ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl cctwbsse001-puzzledungeon.esm cceejsse001-hstead.esm ccbgssse018-shadowrend.esl ccedhsse001-norjewel.esl ccvsvsse002-pets.esl ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl ccbgssse034-mntuni.esl ccbgssse045-hasedoki.esl ccbgssse008-wraithguard.esl ccffbsse001-imperialdragon.esl ccmtysse002-ve.esl ccbgssse043-crosselv.esl ccbgssse016-umbra.esm ccbgssse031-advcyrus.esm ccbgssse038-bowofshadows.esl ccbgssse040-advobgobs.esl ccbgssse050-ba_daedric.esl ccbgssse059-ba_dragonplate.esl ccbgssse061-ba_dwarven.esl ccpewsse002-armsofchaos.esl ccbgssse041-netchleather.esl ccedhsse002-splkntset.esl ccbgssse062-ba_dwarvenmail.esl ccbgssse060-ba_dragonscale.esl ccbgssse051-ba_daedricmail.esl ccbgssse057-ba_stalhrim.esl ccbgssse067-daedinv.esm ccvsvsse003-necroarts.esl ccvsvsse004-beafarmer.esl ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm ccrmssse001-necrohouse.esl ccedhsse003-redguard.esl cceejsse004-hall.esl cceejsse005-cave.esm cckrtsse001_altar.esl cccbhsse001-gaunt.esl

Keep in mind that, while it may feel like a lot, there really aren't that many mods affected. Sure, the ones that are affected are important and often prerequisite for other mods. But it is not enough to justify a whole new section. Maybe you don't remember or weren't modding back then, but this really is like those CC updates that required a SKSE64 update every time, due to Bethie updating the .exe, before we had the address library. Whole new sections weren't made then, either.