FOMOD Creation Issue - Bad XML

kittierae

I'm trying to create a new FOMOD and MO keeps returning a bad XML error. I don't know enough about XML coding to troubleshoot. Would someone please check out my ModuleConfig and help me find where I've went wrong?

I'd also love any tutorials on FOMOD creation you know of!

I'm using this FOMOD creator but have only tiptoed into the depths of more advanced usage and want to be able to add things like auto-detection of mods for patches, etc.

Thank you in advance xx

At first glance it looks okay. Though it has been a while since I created a fomod.

What is the error you are getting?

What version of MO are you using?

Mod Organizer 2 v2.4.2.0. Every time I try to check it, it just says bad xml, and I rewrote it with the FOMOD tool multiple times. :pinch:

ol6Lcng.png

EDIT: I think it may have been the naming of my files in 00 Data that was throwing it for a loop. I'm not sure what all I did but I ended up getting it to work. Thank you!

• 2 years later...

The MO virtaul mechanism dirties the water; it was created to virtualize the game as static. The environment updated poorly when subjected to dynamic change; the fix is to not virtualize in MO when dynamic change is required. That is called keeping it simple. OR Have a massively complex workaround that works in MO; the choice is yours.

Has MO user I am assuming you created the fomod using MO Virtual mechanism

On 1/13/2024 at 12:49 PM, Martimius said:

Had the same issue, in my case it was due to the tool not being able to process "&" characters. I fixed it by replacing "&" with "&".

That is correct. The ampersand is reserved and gets replaced by the entity in XML. Only I use & stop giving advice you do not understand.