Best Mod Manager and Load Order Tool to use?

Spleens90

Having recently finally got a gaming computer.I can finally play Oblivion,Fallout 3,NV,4 and both versions of Skyrim on max settings including with mods,plus Morrowind with the graphics extender.So before I start browsing and downloading mods.I thought I should ask some questions.

1.What Mod Manager do you recommend for each game

Oblivion

Mod Organizer

Wrye Bash

or

Oblivion Mod Manager

Fallout 3 and NV

Mod Organizer

Wrye Flash

or

Fallout Mod Manager

Skyrim (Regular)

Mod Organizer

or

Wrye Bash

Skyrim SE?

Fallout 4?

I know for Morrowind the recommended tool is Wrye Mash.

2.What load order tool do you reccomend

LOOT,BOSS or another one I don't know about.

I know about Mlox for Morrowind

3.Any other utilities I need to get for Morrowind,Oblivion,Fallout 3,Fallout New Vegas,Skyrim,Skyrim SE or Fallout 4 ?

Edited by Spleens90

i've used vortex for all of these games excluding morrowind and oblivion and didn't run into any problems.

2.What load order tool do you reccomend

LOOT works fine, and it's not necessary unless you have 50+ mods running.

3.Any other utilities I need to get for Morrowind,Oblivion,Fallout 3,Fallout New Vegas,Skyrim,Skyrim SE or Fallout 4 ?

BethINI, great tool to get most fps of bethesda games.

i use mo/mo2 for all bethesda games (oblivion, all fallouts and all skyrims) . all of them are working fine. never needed any additional tool like wrye bash. obmm for oblivion was a nightmare for me (maybe because of the 2014 version i used). since mo no problems at all. oblivion runs stable since 2015 with mainly the same setup and many mods. never had to reinstall any of these games due to mod manager mess. since i use the virtual file system of mo/mo2 the management of mods is a breeze. no mods or mod information can be overwritten by other mods. installed mods are physically separated from each other.

i don't know if "a best tool " exists. vortex seems good for many people and is always maintained like mo2. mo was developed by tannin with a genius virtual file approach. he is the main developer of vortex. mo2 is working like mo and further developed for 64bit games with many more features by a new mo2 team and with the known and further optimized virtual file system, not touching the game data folder. mods do not physically overwrite each other, just virtually. so also no extra backup folder for mods is necessary or occupies extra space.

i use mo/mo2 for all bethesda games (oblivion, all fallouts and all skyrims) . all of them are working fine. never needed any additional tool like wrye bash. obmm for oblivion was a nightmare for me (maybe because of the 2014 version i used). since mo no problems at all. oblivion runs stable since 2015 with mainly the same setup and many mods. never had to reinstall any of these games due to mod manager mess. since i use the virtual file system of mo/mo2 the management of mods is a breeze. no mods or mod information can be overwritten by other mods. installed mods are physically separated from each other.

i don't know if "a best tool " exists. vortex seems good for many people and is always maintained like mo2. mo was developed by tannin with a genius virtual file approach. he is the main developer of vortex. mo2 is working like mo and further developed for 64bit games with many more features by a new mo2 team and with the known and further optimized virtual file system, not touching the game data and mod folder. mods do not physically overwrite each other, just virtually. so also no extra backup folder for mods is necessary or occupies extra space.

Does Vortex have some provision for dealing with multiple mods altering leveled lists? Regardless of what magic it does with the files, the "rule of one" still applies. I use wrye bash to combine any mods that alter leveled lists, so the mods actually function as close to their design as possible. But, that's the ONLY thing I use wrye bash for......

• 2 weeks later...

Skyrim LE:

I use Mod Organizer 1 for mods, LOOT to sort, and Mator Smash for leveled lists (actually, I just smash everything but the core esp). Has worked great for a few thousand hours with 250ish esps.

I do let MO1 sort archives, which means there's some extra work sorting manually, but I like the control (texture mods, etc.).

I also use TS5Edit occasionally to look for unexpected conflicts, but that's not critical.

If I was starting over, I'd check out Vortex first, just because it came out after I'd settled into MO1 (I also used MO2 and Nexus Mod Manager for a while).

• 2 weeks later...