[LE] Door Anim Issues

Hypn0sef

Hi all! I'm having issues making sliding doors. I'm making an Asian Akaviri island and wanted Japanese sliding doors. I got the animation working no problem. I took the Stroti gate, replaced it with my mesh and made it 120 on the X axis back and forth, super simple. However, when I go into game to test them, I'd say about 40% of the time the doors are randomly a few feet away from where they were placed, and the collision remains in place, so I can't get through the doorway. The open and close option comes up but clicking doesn't affect the collision.

What's strange is that they work perfectly as activators, but then the NPCs just run into them.

Does anyone have any experience with creating custom doors and has faced this issue before? Could it be that the animation is 8 seconds long and that's too long for a door anim? Is there a way to get the NPC's to treat the activators as doors? The teleport isn't needed, they're only interior doors.

I was facing a similar issue with doors earlier that had to do with the location of the ninodes, everything had to be 0,0,0, but these sliding doors are all the same and it still happens to just them.

I can post a link to all the files if anyone wants to check them out.

As always, thanks a ton in advance for any help!

Hypn0sef

Figured it out! I tried remaking them with the 'transplatform01.nif' because its so much simpler than any other vanilla animated nif. I decided to do some initial testing and even without changing the animation, adding my mesh to the ninode gave me the same effect of the far away door. This meant it had to be something with the collision and/or the BSTriShape. Turns out everything has to be absolutely identical to the vanilla. I'm not sure which of these did it but: I made the collision 'set local,' I renamed all the BSTriShapes to be the same as the vanilla TriShapes, and I removed an excess NiNode that I had used as essentially a subfolder with my BSTriShape and my collision mesh.

Moral of the story? If you're having weird effects with custom doors, make sure the BSTriShapes are named identical to the vanilla ones they're taking the place of.