Galsiah's Character Development won't increase strength anymor

TenShadows

I'm using Galsiah's Character Development, which makes the stats and skills much more exciting and sensible than they are in vanilla, I feel. Playing a fighter type, the latest message I got about my strength, upon advancing my axe skill, was "Your strength has increased to 130" - yet the score is, with the Right Fist of Randagulf (which fortifies strength by 20) at that, only 126. I've drank several Restore Strength potions and cast spells, and it doesn't appear that I have taken any strength damage lately: it just stopped there and won't increase anymore. Likewise, there is no drain strength in my magical effects.

What could be the problem here?

Remove all the enchanted things and open console and enter

Set gals_reprocess to 1

This should recalculate your stats from scratch, but make sure no fortification effects are present while doing this.

Sometimes, with attributes over 95 and enchantments further increasing it, restore effects won't work properly and your stats may get decreased, sometimes. Also make sure you are using potion fix.

I'm also using the Expanded Birthsigns for Purists mod, in particular the new Warrior birthsign that fortifies both my strength and endurance by 10. Will this mess those up?

I'm pretty sure I'm using the potion fix. This is the one where restoration effects heal in two stages instead of one, right?

Edited by TenShadows

Did you had corprus for more than couple of days? Did you do this quest and got strength increase? Usually they screw up the calculations. Follow instructions in the readme to set them to the correct values.

If none of solves, then thats how it is I suppose. I had a similar problem where my stats over 120 wouldn't work properly. By then, I felt the game too easy and started new charachter.

Does Bitter Cup mess up with it too? Because I did actually get back my +20 intelligence that I lost in drinking from it: I lost nothing from strength, though.

Nope. Galsiah took care of it and modified it so the changes are recorded.

But they won't apply again if you used gals_reprocess method. Best if you manually changed stats using instructions in readme.

Well, after looking through the console, I've discovered that my real values for strength, endurance, agility, and speed are slightly messed up: strength should be 128, according to GCD, yet it's only 114; endurance is 95 instead of the 103 it's supposed to be, agility is stuck on 50 instead of 51, and speed on 49 instead of 50. At least in the last two cases, the game has the decency of showing them as red, as if there was some ability damage involved - yet no amount of restoration will fix the problem.

Attempting to change any these numbers has not produced any kind of result so far.

Edit: I'd imagine agility and speed were messed-up by Corprus, and strength and endurance at some point simply by growing up way too high. But I still don't know how to fix either one.

Edited by TenShadows

Quoting form GCD Readme:

At the console, type: show gals_natural_strength

This will tell you what GCD thinks your natural strength is. If it is correct, then all is well - just continue. If it is incorrect, type the following:

Set gals_natural_strength to #

Where # is the value that your strength should be naturally (your strength might be white at this value when over 95).

for other attributes replace strength with corresponding name. For example, agility is Gals_natural_agility.

But when I wrote that, I got 128, instead of the 114 my strength actually was. How was I supposed to fix it? As far as GCD and gals_natural_strength is actually concerned, the numbers were absolutely right. It's just that they show wrong on my sheet anyway.